Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun Knockdown Is... Silly.

Xylia

As fun as it is running around with a Brakk and just bending everybody over (well more like knocking them on their butt), I'd have to say that this is frankly.......quite silly.

I know 10% sounded good on paper, but when you're spraying 10+ pellets at a time (it seems as though each has their chance of proc'ing the status effect), you end up with a God Gun that wipes the floor with everything I've faced with it.

Now, I don't want the Brakk to be nerfed to uselessness; it is a good gun and I'd rather it stay "good"... tho "godly" is a bit too much.

Here's my suggestion for shotguns:

Instead of 10% per projectile (this should be applied to ALL weapons), make it 10% per trigger pull.

That way, if I pull the trigger, the game checks my 10% chance to proc any status effects on my gun. If I'm using a shotgun, this proc would apply to all the pellets (but the statuses should not stack if multiple pellets hit the same target).

Yes, you'd get times where you'd pull the trigger and knock the nearest 3-4 guys on their rump, but that's better than every shot being a knockdown at close range, wouldn't it?

Shotgun Savvy is a waste because it is not additive. 30% of 10% is 3% and definitely not worth a modslot.. especially on shotguns.

Esp, since, yanno you got 28 chances to roll a 1-10 on a d100. You are probably going to either succeed, or kill the thing trying. Either way, it is either getting knocked down or its going to die within the next 3 seconds.