The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tenno Pets!

Gamzrok24

Everyone knows sentinels are the Tenno's best friend, sidekick, and ally. But I say we take this a step further and incorporate:

PETS

These little suckers will follow you around in-game (much like the sentinel) adding backup and possible abilities.

But what is so different between these buggers and our little mech friends?

These guys are smaller versions of enemies! That's right, pet chargers, grineer death-balls, and moa's! Now I can hear you now "Well that's stupid. Two pets at once? OP!"

But I say "ha ha ha! You sucker!" because things can be changed!

-They can be counted as sentinels (like how you can switch types of weapons; ie: Shotgun, rifle, sniper, etc)

-They can be used purely as fun suckers (leave em at the dojo). We are already wondering how to make the dojo more enjoyable, well how about less rooms, and more intractable objects! PETS!

We now have the codex, and so lets take it further. Once we fully scanned an enemy, we can buy the blueprint to a "pet capsule" (2x more expensive than sentinel blueprints) and use this sucker to capture certain enemies turning them into mini pets! (Tiny ancient infested would be my fav <3). Don't worry, they aren't reusable, so they aren't OP!

Tell me what you think with replies below, and I will do my best to add edits as more ideas pop up! :)

-They can be used purely as fun suckers (leave em at the dojo). We are already wondering how to make the dojo more enjoyable, well how about less rooms, and more intractable objects! PETS!

The trading kiosk/outpost is an interactable "room decoration".

While that is just only 1. I think DE is planing to release more in the future.

As for your pet suggestion, I feel it should only be a dojo thing. We already have sentinels. At the moment, even the sentinels aren't really THAT useful. They give you a small advantage, but it's not so game breaking. Having a "pet" and sentinel out on the mission, might be a bit much, especially for the new players coming into the game.

Digital Extremes has said that ground based pets doesn't work in Warframe due to how quick Tenno move, and the places we go. there's a lot of places they can't follow us. 

that's why the Sentinels we have now, float in the air.

Source: Livestreams.

Edited by taiiat

having ground-based Sentinels would be nice, but I'm not sure making them miniatures of existing enemies would be that great an idea (though some exceptions, like Corpus proxies and possibly some lesser Infested could work).

And I do like the idea of having enemy "display rooms" in the Dojo, perhaps a brig where Grineer or Corpus units are held, a laboratory where Infested units are dissected or tested upon, or maybe a machine shop where Corpus proxies are dismantled or salvaged for parts. Probably just as nifty cosmetic hallways, but still...