Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hey, You Lied! (Soma)

Phunkiecrux

I remember during a livestream on Twitch, shortly after the Soma came out, One of the people on that livestream said directly on camera to everyone "We're NOT going to nerf the Soma" and said something about raising the mastery, and you did ... but.....

Well? You nerfed it!

From 35% crit chance to 25% crit chance, that is a clear and blatant NERF

And in nerfing the gun, a clear and blatant LIE. 

You lied to us :/ You should be ashamed. 

You don't lie to your fanbase, customers, and players.

I dont consider this a nerf. I consider it a balance change. Every weapon in the game got some sort of crit chance added to it. Soma is still better than most of the other weapons.

Before you start calling bloody murder wait a week or two and play through the new damage changes, chances are the changes to the Soma dont make much of a difference.

Oh no! DE lied, broke promises and did stuff they said they would never do... oh no!

All i can say is.. get used to it.

I shoulldn't have to get used to the game developer lying to me, they shouldn't be lying in the first place

They also nerfed the strun wraith and boar primes crit.

I saw those. But this issue is with them saying DIRECTLY ON CAMERA that they would not be nerfing the Soma, and yet they did.

I remember during a livestream on Twitch, shortly after the Soma came out, One of the people on that livestream said directly on camera to everyone "We're NOT going to nerf the Soma" and said something about raising the mastery, and you did ... but.....

Well? You nerfed it!

From 35% crit chance to 25% crit chance, that is a clear and blatant NERF

And in nerfing the gun, a clear and blatant LIE. 

You lied to us :/ You should be ashamed. 

You don't lie to your fanbase, customers, and players.

Soma was really too OP, wake up dude, it's a Rank mastery 3 weapon and it was almost the best weapon of the game before.

I dont consider this a nerf. I consider it a balance change. Every weapon in the game got some sort of crit chance added to it. Soma is still better than most of the other weapons.

Before you start calling bloody murder wait a week or two and play through the new damage changes, chances are the changes to the Soma dont make much of a difference.

I'm not crying that the weapon is useless, and I'm not crying bloody murder that everything is better now. 

I'm pointing out the issue they lied :c

Soma was really too OP, wake up dude, it's a Rank mastery 3 weapon and it was almost the best weapon of the game before.

Mastery rank 6, wake up dude. It was mastery rank 3 like the first month or two it was out.

EDIT- AND WITH THAT, high level weapons should be powerful anyways! Soma is the highest level non-clan weapon in the game, and thusly should have the most power of any non-clan weapon in the game. 

Edited by Phunkiecrux

Plans change. Expecting the dev's to hold to a plan of action you personally preferred, in the face of them doing their best to provide balanced content and the large number of players who felt soma too powerful, what exactly do you expect? Life is messy. Your argument is naive at best and petulant at worst.

Plans change. Expecting the dev's to hold to a plan of action you personally preferred, in the face of them doing their best to provide balanced content and the large number of players who felt soma too powerful, what exactly do you expect? Life is messy. Your argument is naive at best and petulant at worst.

+100

Balanced content: weak early weapons, strong late weapons. This gun, being of mastery rank 6, highest of all non-clan weapons, should be the most powerful non clan weapon in the game, or else levels mean nothing. 

"Hey, make a level 1 weapon as powerful as a level 6 weapon, it's balanced then and no one can be mad."

It's sad enough everyone who complained about it never used it, either because they didn't want to, or because they weren't high enough level.

I'm very happy they nerfed it, it was annoying to always hear the sound of this weapon... and to see how fast it stels kills

Tell me how mad the synapse made you, or the acrid? You know, other HIGH LEVEL GUNS? They got nerfed too, but like I said before, higher level guns should do more damage clearly over lower level guns. Sorry the Soma superiority rang high over your Braton. 

I feel that the crit chance nerf was a wrong way to go about it. Soma was a somewhat unique weapon in a way that it could reliably crit a lot (it could be built to near 100% crit chance). Yet instead of nerfing crit multiplier (from 3x to 2x) that all the people really had a problem with DE decided to nerf Soma's uniqueness instead

Um. Make up your mind. Is your issue here that Soma was scaled back, or that you feel the dev team gave you a personal promise and later went back on it? They reserve that right in the terms of service, and we are in beta, after all.

I'm not crying that the weapon is useless, and I'm not crying bloody murder that everything is better now. 

I'm pointing out the issue they lied :c

If it procs.

It is my understanding that there are mods to help with that.

@remitevji, missed the ability to reply sorry.

Yeah, I think I Forma'd mine once, but I have always preferred the Paris, or the Vectis, so I have more in those, and I have been wanting to take out the soma again, but I didn't want to forma something that fills a nitch roll in my arsenal, but now my Paris Prime does that, so..

Edited by XenoFire