Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Sorry, But Somebody Has To Bring This Up About Valkyr's Ultimate. (Damage Discussion)

Ravtek

Although I appreciate the discussion on health regain, this thread is about the her damage output as an Ultimate, and the risk vs reward factors that come with it.

Currently, her ultimate is technically within the same damage range as other utimates, but what makes her ultimate different is that she is one of the only frames that get punished if she can't kill all the targets within a certain time.

What you can accomplish with Valkyr in her current state using her ultimate can be similarly done with a Loki and Invisibility and a decent melee weapon, let's not forget Loki's invisibility costs only 50 energy without streamline.

Her health regen issue can be solved with Equilibrium, and finding the energy orbs to replenish her isn't too difficult.

I actually find most of her kit to be good EXCEPT for the damage.

I was playing her today on Ceres - Nuovo and the napalmers will stack their fire dot on her while you kill them and the very instant your ultimate drops you insta die. this needs addressed, there is no way to prevent it other than running away 10 seconds before the ultimate ends and with no timers its always guess work.

So far I'm not impressed with her ability to kill at all, 20% of the time melee bugs out and you cant even use her melee ability OR her melee weapon. I look forward to some tuning. If your going to have to be up in the mobs face for the love of god make it so the dot dmg isn't stacking to oblivion while her ultimate is active and fix the melee hanging glitch, its been around for a while and now not only does it effect everyones melee, but it cripples this frames primary ability.

The melee bug is also a problem.

But again, I'll be a broken record here, her melee damage during her ultimate is not well done.

At the very least, her ultimate should take melee mods into account from your melee weapon.

I wouldn't compare her Ultimate to Loki and Ash's melee damage if it wasn't for the fact she is forced into a melee-only form in her ultimate.

All other frames can still shoot after casting their abilities, so they always have the help of their highly modded weapons.

Valkyr, for lack of a better term, gimps herself in order to gain survivability and low damage output.

the only thing i can think of thats similar to Valkyrs ults is the Psycho from Borderlands 2 action skill which limits him to "melee" but hes a freaken badass with his buzz axe thats an example on a melee only skill that works. Hits like a truck, reduces incoming damage, kills grant full HP recovery (this can be a good or a bad thing depending on situation) this should be how valkyr was done or inspired by

Edited by Shikazure

the only thing i can think of thats similar to Valkyrs ults is the Psycho from Borderlands 2 action skill which limits him to "melee" but hes a freaken badass with his buzz axe thats an example on a melee only skill that works. Hits like a truck, reduces incoming damage, kills grant full HP recovery (this can be a good or a bad thing depending on situation) this should be how valkyr was done or inspired by

She doesn't need any ridiculous HP recovery skills. The setup I have in mind right now allows me to sustain easily and still keep Focus + Blind Rage on, and Narrow Minded. 

I get what you're saying though, Krieg definitely fits the bill for the berserker role more than Valkyr, but those are two completely different games.

I absolutely pray someone from DE sees this post and relays it to whoever handles the numbers on Valkyr, because she's really not too far from being a really good Berserker oriented melee Frame.

Like, literally, just enough so that her forced-into melee form (it's her ULTIMATE, I just want to keep pointing this out) doesn't make her lose DPS to a cloaking Loki going full ninja lawn mower status.

I've purchased Valkyr and honestly was a waste of plat, her animations are a dumb remake of other frames, and also her abilities seem to be reinvented from other frames abilities and animations, but the worst is Valkyr's 4th and last ability, which is pretty sucky and does not connect to targets properly, also while casting the power she elevates from the ground (this wouldn't be a problem if the majority of enemies weren't standing at a lower level) and while casting the power she doesn't connect to targets properly, also because her mobility gets all messed (and stupid, yeah because the animation is dumb). 

I do hope in a near future they fix this, since she look interesting and the concept of the whole frame is cool too and could become useful for a large variety of things and mission types. Otherwise will be (at least for me) one more frame to have in the inventory without any use at all.

Just as last note i am truly surprised to see such a bad animation set for this frame, DE has failled largely on this frame, for such an important update and so much fuss created about this new frame, being as $&*&*#(%& as it is proven to be, really deserves a correction on the animation of the 4th ability and motion in general. 

I wouldn't mind even if her actual model was literally stuck in anatomical position during her ultimate as long as her hit detection worked fine and the damage wasn't something to laugh at.

Edited by Ravtek

I regularly hit for 2-4k with my Valkyr's claw attacks. The lowest I've ever seen was a ~600 (I don't think the helicopter attack is getting full damage for some reason), how much is your loki hitting for that he puts this to shame?

The numbers vary with my Loki depending on weapon build and faction. But it sure bypasses valkyr's hysteria. As my Loki has hit upwards of 6-10k with orthos prime. So galatine would be even more. 

With valkyr not scaling that well with higher level enemies and also the fact she can be disruptered (Main kick in the nuts about her in my opinion) I would far rather running my Loki. 

The numbers vary with my Loki depending on weapon build and faction. But it sure bypasses valkyr's hysteria. As my Loki has hit upwards of 6-10k with orthos prime. So galatine would be even more. 

With valkyr not scaling that well with higher level enemies and also the fact she can be disruptered (Main kick in the nuts about her in my opinion) I would far rather running my Loki. 

Yes the disrupt is annoying, your carrier (if by some miracle its actually alive) will suck up all the energy orbs around you each time you get hit and the next thing you know your energy starved and then dead.

If any others feel that her damage during her ultimate needs to be tweaked, post it here (or the other Valkyr feedback threads). The more players putting in their feedback, the better.

It just occurred to me, since Valkyr's ultimate is well disguised equipping of the Furax (although I have no clue what kind of stats that Furax has), it should be able to take your melee mods into account.

That would be a decent start, and then the community can see and provide feedback on where she stands in the melee damage department compared to the usual two (Loki and Ash).