Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion] Lotus And Her Transmitions

Grath

Haven't found a proper thread about her so decided to create one myself. Hope I didn't miss anything. Anyway...

Lotus has but a few lines/phrases that repeat over and over. I would like to see more variety in that area. Also some are really silly ie: "there's an assault squad heading your way, it's the grineer" - okay, I'm thinking to myself.. who else could it be?

I mean, when I look at the mission it shows me the grineer, when I launch the mission it shows me that the ship I'm about to raid belongs to the grineer and when I arrive I kill the grineer.. so who the heck might be heading my way? Hope you get my point here :D

A way to fix this could be implementing a raid which might contain two factions or more on a single ship. Then this comment would make sense since you don't know who you are about to encounter. In general adding a variation of different comments is in favour here, don't you agree?

Regards,

Grath

Edited by Grath

Although true in most cases Grath. You can encounter different faction on another faction's ship the chances are extremely rare though would be interesting if someone could dig up the chances of encountering them.

Don't know whether they will change/edit this considering if you go against the Corpus the other factions will activate the camera's and therefore turrets/laser doors.

Although true in most cases Grath. You can encounter different faction on another faction's ship the chances are extremely rare though would be interesting if someone could dig up the chances of encountering them.

Don't know whether they will change/edit this considering if you go against the Corpus the other factions will activate the camera's and therefore turrets/laser doors.

I have yet to see it for myself, I would love that! Would make the game way more exciting. How many times have you experienced it yourself?

I have yet to see it for myself, I would love that! Would make the game way more exciting. How many times have you experienced it yourself?

I experienced it like 12 times or so. Mostly on normal mission map, never in an assasination one. But this was a few updates ago, and the chance for faction invasion could have been changed.

Yes I think Lotus needs more lines. Lotus is already borderline Navi from Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

my firends and I like to think think of her as the poki-dex sometimes.

yeah, more lines and maybe more dynamic. have her respond when you kill 10 enemies in 10 seconds. or if i pick up REALLY good loot.

also more humerous. have a few jokes in there. maybe a pun here and there.

maybe some advice once in a long while. like "there are grinders incoming, remember to duck!"

Yes it definitely needs more variation, more consistency, and less bugs as well (many times it sends the wrong messages or repeats some that have no reason to be there the 2nd time).

I don't agree with the jokes part [Juper0], I like the seriousness behind this game.

I also really don't like that Grineer bosses mumble stuff in a very stupid way.

They already look quite... well... adding stupid dialogs doesn't give anything to the game.

I love when I have to fight some charismatic fierce boss.

Edited by Scourger

I have to add that I personally love Lotus' voice. Hearing just more things would be fun. I also like the idea Juper mentioned - about the jokes. Would be fun to hear it once in a while making you smile. I'm really happy to hear that some peeps share my opinion.

Let's hope this topic will get some attention from devs.

Edited by Grath

Hey! Listen!

Would you kindly...?

War never changes... and so does'nt Lotus' quotes. You don't need more Quotes.. you just Need a dispenser here! ... to give you always the right quote. It's like an Enchantment?! for the game atmosphere. There's not a S#&$load of Lotus in the game. More like One Lotus. I could say: I wish for a mountain of handkerchiefs so you can cry all you want but that would not help. But i bet right now the Princess is in another castle doing some more quotes that will blow you away like a Sonic Boom! But this Post is overburdened with too many freely interpreted, annoying videogame-quotes already.. so i end it here ;)

Thanks for lisenting CHILllLDREN,This is Nama-cyst OOWWWWWWWW and you reading the Gameplay Feedback Forum, giving you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts

P.s.: For a time there were crossover missions where Grineer fought Infested or Corpus but it got removed because there were some major bugs with it. Maybe it will return someday, was a really nice feature... but for now: It's the Grineer!!! ^^

P.p.s.: Who can guess what quote, what game? ^^

Edited by Namacyst

i dont want jokes coming from lotus, i would rather keep the game more serious

Really agree with this and would like the serious tone to stay. Either less chat or more lines would be refreshing. Her directions naturally are needed, but I haven't really gained much from her warnings so far. A lot of the time they're not accurate to gameplay.

The group I play with has also wondered if we're simply not finishing missions fast enough and thus why she repeats her lines so often.

The group I play with has also wondered if we're simply not finishing missions fast enough and thus why she repeats her lines so often.

She basically repeats the "A security squadron is en route, it's the grineer" everytime a new grineer squad spawn in the level. Which happens every like 2-3 rooms you travel through.

Edited by Nokturnel

Yep, I've had a few Grineer levels with Infested, and visa versa. It's rare, but I've had it happen a few times now. I agree that the wording could use some work for poor Lotus. Especially the times when she warns me there's a huge unit approaching and I already killed them.