Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Consequences Of Story Writing: Corpus Supporters Did Not Fight For Balance.

Ced23Ric

This is why I chose the corpus they might be my enemy and have my fellow tenno but I knew that others would save them we have multiple cells of tenno doing many other missions so I chose to defend the colonies and installations getting invaded by the grineer slavery is a horrible thing even if the corpus and their families hate me I can't let it happen even if we don't see hide nor hair of civilians in my head with my story there are :P this is why I chose the corpus side plus it said sacrifice for this reason I believe.

Edited by OmegaDrago

Oh hai. ~there is no lolcat.~

I know this fringes on some stuff I wrote before, but this time, I am not going to go into propaganda RP mode. This is meant to be a discussion. To present the basis, here is what I am seeing these days: The writing of Warframe's storyline is full of holes and makes prior actions of players irrelevant, leading to a lingering feeling of pointlessness.

Allow me to illustrate.

Gravidus Dilemma.

• Players get a narrative of some captured Tenno in Corpus hand, located on Sedna.

• Corpus (Alad Five) and Grineer (Sargus Ruk) get into a dispute.

• Grineer invade Mars.

• Corpus offer technology and rewards for Tenno fending of Grineer.

• Grineer offer technology, rewards and Tenno rescue for assisting the invasion of Corpus' installations.

• Lotus present choices as "Sacrifice" and "Loyalty".

• Lotus makes Grineer choice save Tenno, but strengthen Grineer.

• Lotus makes Corpus choice sacc' Tenno, but strengthen Corpus.

Now, this happened:

Jupiter Infestation.

• Players get a narrative of Frohd wanting to get rid of a troublesome Alad Five, trading his coords for murdering space zombies.

• Players go out, murder Infested, fight with Corpus, get Alad Five coords to kill Alad Five & Zanukha.

Conclusion:

Almost the entire effort of the Corpus supporters in the Gravidus dilemma was in vain. From a narrative aspect, they sacrificed their fellow Tenno, helped a Corpus element gone rogue which is now, in itself, upsetting the balance. The infighting weakens the Corpus financially, militaristicly, and on a resource-basis. The Grineer empire gets stronger by virtue of less unbound/disposable Corpus troops. The Tenno Alad Five got are still being murdered - by being ripping into pieces, alive, conscious and paralyzed (PG13, totes.) and Zanuka is still running.

Such writing, without being presented as a twist or trick, seems like a disregard of the players emotional investment. Now, being firmly on the Grineer side, history is favourng my path by allowing me to save some Tenno and hunt down Alad Five without making any of my efforts void, but those who fought for the Corpus are getting shafted here.

What do you think, Tenno?

PS: If you don't care, if you are just here for rewards, whatever. This discussion probably isn't for you, then.

The players that were aiding the Corpus....lost. Their efforts story-wise was indeed in vain. Yes, sucks for them, but I don't see how both outcomes could coincide with each other - other than a straight up stalemate. Since Ruk kind of stomped Alad during that event, it wouldn't have been fair if the story ended up ending in a stalemate. You'd have the Tenno siding with the Grineer feeling exactly what you stated: like it was all pointless.

As for people stating why they sided with the Corpus...just take a look at Valkyr. That's what they've done, and are currently doing, to no doubt many other Tenno. Valkyr was lucky enough to escape, but those that did not have met fates worse than death.

Grineer may be ruthless, cuthroat, "ugly", and domineering, but they have a strict moral code and show pride amidst their adversity. The reason why they're "ugly" is because of the Orokin, That's right - our ancestors made the Grineer what they are today. But they aren't letting their deformities and destroyed DNA ruin them. They didn't sink into the shadows never to be heard from again. No, they fought back and ended up becoming the biggest power in the galaxy.

Though I'll happily chop off a Grineer's head, I will do so with at least a modicum of respect. They're one hell of a resilient race.