Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lecta Feedback.

laubauflo

I was actually going to make a topic about this, but seeing as there's already one in place I'll just use this one.

I love the Lecta so far, I really do. However, the hit detection is a bit spotty and there's one change I'd really like to see: switch the third normal chained attack (the narrow, long-range whipping) with the current charged attack (the 360-degree spin). A spinning attack would fit a lot better with the other two close-range normal attacks, avoiding the issue where the third attack feels unwieldy and tricky to land a hit with in close quarters, and making the long-range whipping more satisfying to use - perhaps even increasing the charge time slightly and adding an increased chance for status effects on the charged attack?

I'm not an animator, programmer or anything of the sort, so I don't know how difficult this would be to accomplish, but it's something I'd love to have.

Edited by Essix

I was actually going to make a topic about this, but seeing as there's already one in place I'll just use this one.

I love the Lecta so far, I really do. However, the hit detection is a bit spotty and there's one change I'd really like to see: switch the third normal chained attack (the narrow, long-range whipping) with the current charged attack (the 360-degree spin). A spinning attack would fit a lot better with the other two close-range normal attacks, avoiding the issue where the third attack feels unwieldy and tricky to land a hit with in close quarters, and making the long-range whipping more satisfying to use - perhaps even increasing the charge time slightly and adding an increased chance for status effects on the charged attack?

I'm not an animator, programmer or anything of the sort, so I don't know how difficult this would be to accomplish, but it's something I'd love to have.

I agree here, also agree with Othergrunty.

After playing some more with the Lecta, I can confirm problems with spotty hit registration, especially with the aforementioned third attack in the normal chain - the long-range whipping. Here's my suggestion:

- Make the current charge animation the first part in the new attack chain. Charge > Left swing > Right swing.

- Make the long-range whip animation the new charge attack.

- Reduce how much you move during the normal attack chain.

- Increase charge time and charge damage slightly, possibly add additional status effect chance on charged attacks.

- Whip lashing out to increase range on wall and slide attack (credit to OP).

Edited by Essix

been yelling for a whip for a long time now but this is not what I pictured.. I thought it would have similarities to the kogake. control with a long range and some area effect. not really a fan of this at all. hope DE looks into this more. I always been a fan of them (old school castlvania =) ) like to see them worth using..

WARNING! WALL OF TEXT!

When I first got the Lecta I was severly underwhealmed. It deals straight electric damage, has momentum when you swing it, and the hit detection is super shoddy. "How are you supposed to use this thing?" I thought to myself, but after playing with it a bit here is what I have found to be rather effective.

The Lecta is a support weapon, it will ALWAYS be a support weapon don't forget this but you can actually make it deal pretty decent ammounts of damage and avoid a decent ammount of the shoddy hit detection using it very specifically.

Here are a few interesting facts about the Lecta that im sure you would figure out using it for more than 2 missions. First, its jump attack has a HUGE knockdown radius, id say given a ballpark it is actually on par with the Kogake, maybe even slightly larger but I could be wrong. Second, its ground finisher is lightning fast especially with maxed fury. Third, its charge attack has MUCH better hit detection than its light spammable attack, also for some reason it appears to sometimes knock down ancients (will need to test more to confirm if this is 100% true or not).

Keeping these things in mind lets talk about mods:

Fury, Killing Blow, Reflex Coil, Molten Impact/North wind, and Finishing Touch.

These are a must and you are probably wondering "Killing blow? Finishing touch? is this guy crazy?" Maybe. The charge attack has a much better hitbox, hits multiple times and multiple targets in a large 180 degree cone infront of you so boosting the damage from this is a good idea. Coupled with the fact it will wiff less/won't wiff at all you are probably going to be doing much more damage in the long run than spamming since you will miss quite a bit. Adding Reflex coil to increase how fast you can do this is super important not to mention boosting the actual attacking animation to super speed with maxed fury.

The jumping attack has amazing knockdown potential which is good alone but here is the great part, the ground finisher is actually super fast, sometimes I don't even realise I do it because it will blend in with the speed of other light attacks, but you can buff this kind of damage with finishing touch by another 60% and it is also a relatively cheap mod at 5 polarity at max plus the speed at which it comes out as an attack is boosted by fury. Tested on low level Grineer I was hitting for a consistant 40 damage with only molten impact equipped with light attacks. Using the knockdown and then finishing opponents I could consistantly hit downed opponents for somewhere in the 400-600 damage range with Finishing touch and Killing blow on. Keep in mind this is only with Molton impact equipped. Speaking of which lets talk about elemental mods.

The Lecta deals electricity damage as its base and this has interesting effects because unlike other weapons that deal impact/pierce/slashing you can modify this damage by equipping other elements to make it do a different kind of damage with the changes in Damage 2.0. Molten impact makes you deal radiation damage which gives a boost to flesh and robot damage. Northwind makes you do magnetic damage which inflicts bonus damage to shield (75%) and robots. The caveat here is that Molten impact scales at 90% and Northwind only at 60%. Meaning you will deal 66.5 Radiation damage as opposed to 52.5 Magnetic damage total at max levels respectively. You will effectively do LESS damage with Northwind but you will deplete shields MUCH faster so it depends on how you want to modify and use this weapon. You can also use all 3 elements to combine electricity + heat/cold (radiation or magnetic) and then have a third element for some extra effects.

Reach is optional if you have the space but it makes the already large charge attack even larger, but it is not necessarily a core mod I would recommend.

Now how do you go about using this weapon. Like I mentioned previously this is a support weapon, this isn't Galatine and you aren't meant to be swinging like a berzerker through hordes of enemies with this thing. However, it makes a very powerful support weapon because of its knockdown. Typically you should aim to go into combat in two ways. One, jump attack into combat to knock down enemies and then try to land finishing attacks on as many downed opponents as possible for damage, if opponents are still alive start charge attacking or knock them down again and repeat. Two, knock down charge attack until dead.

This post has become rather verbose so ill stop now but the Lecta while I feel is a little mediocre in the damage department allows for a a lot of options for damage type as well as control in battle when coupled with good primaries and secondaries. However, it may not scale well into late game content damage wise and will be much more useful solely as a support weapon.

TL:DR The Lecta is a SUPPORT weapon with many elemental options. Knockdown size, finishing attacks, and charged attacks are quite effective when modified rather than modifying for spamming light attack damage where this weapon 'should' shine.

WARNING! WALL OF TEXT!

When I first got the Lecta I was severly underwhealmed. It deals straight electric damage, has momentum when you swing it, and the hit detection is super shoddy. "How are you supposed to use this thing?" I thought to myself, but after playing with it a bit here is what I have found to be rather effective.

The Lecta is a support weapon, it will ALWAYS be a support weapon don't forget this but you can actually make it deal pretty decent ammounts of damage and avoid a decent ammount of the shoddy hit detection using it very specifically.

Here are a few interesting facts about the Lecta that im sure you would figure out using it for more than 2 missions. First, its jump attack has a HUGE knockdown radius, id say given a ballpark it is actually on par with the Kogake, maybe even slightly larger but I could be wrong. Second, its ground finisher is lightning fast especially with maxed fury. Third, its charge attack has MUCH better hit detection than its light spammable attack, also for some reason it appears to sometimes knock down ancients (will need to test more to confirm if this is 100% true or not).

Keeping these things in mind lets talk about mods:

Fury, Killing Blow, Reflex Coil, Molten Impact/North wind, and Finishing Touch.

These are a must and you are probably wondering "Killing blow? Finishing touch? is this guy crazy?" Maybe. The charge attack has a much better hitbox, hits multiple times and multiple targets in a large 180 degree cone infront of you so boosting the damage from this is a good idea. Coupled with the fact it will wiff less/won't wiff at all you are probably going to be doing much more damage in the long run than spamming since you will miss quite a bit. Adding Reflex coil to increase how fast you can do this is super important not to mention boosting the actual attacking animation to super speed with maxed fury.

The jumping attack has amazing knockdown potential which is good alone but here is the great part, the ground finisher is actually super fast, sometimes I don't even realise I do it because it will blend in with the speed of other light attacks, but you can buff this kind of damage with finishing touch by another 60% and it is also a relatively cheap mod at 5 polarity at max plus the speed at which it comes out as an attack is boosted by fury. Tested on low level Grineer I was hitting for a consistant 40 damage with only molten impact equipped with light attacks. Using the knockdown and then finishing opponents I could consistantly hit downed opponents for somewhere in the 400-600 damage range with Finishing touch and Killing blow on. Keep in mind this is only with Molton impact equipped. Speaking of which lets talk about elemental mods.

The Lecta deals electricity damage as its base and this has interesting effects because unlike other weapons that deal impact/pierce/slashing you can modify this damage by equipping other elements to make it do a different kind of damage with the changes in Damage 2.0. Molten impact makes you deal radiation damage which gives a boost to flesh and robot damage. Northwind makes you do magnetic damage which inflicts bonus damage to shield (75%) and robots. The caveat here is that Molten impact scales at 90% and Northwind only at 60%. Meaning you will deal 66.5 Radiation damage as opposed to 52.5 Magnetic damage total at max levels respectively. You will effectively do LESS damage with Northwind but you will deplete shields MUCH faster so it depends on how you want to modify and use this weapon. You can also use all 3 elements to combine electricity + heat/cold (radiation or magnetic) and then have a third element for some extra effects.

Reach is optional if you have the space but it makes the already large charge attack even larger, but it is not necessarily a core mod I would recommend.

Now how do you go about using this weapon. Like I mentioned previously this is a support weapon, this isn't Galatine and you aren't meant to be swinging like a berzerker through hordes of enemies with this thing. However, it makes a very powerful support weapon because of its knockdown. Typically you should aim to go into combat in two ways. One, jump attack into combat to knock down enemies and then try to land finishing attacks on as many downed opponents as possible for damage, if opponents are still alive start charge attacking or knock them down again and repeat. Two, knock down charge attack until dead.

This post has become rather verbose so ill stop now but the Lecta while I feel is a little mediocre in the damage department allows for a a lot of options for damage type as well as control in battle when coupled with good primaries and secondaries. However, it may not scale well into late game content damage wise and will be much more useful solely as a support weapon.

TL:DR The Lecta is a SUPPORT weapon with many elemental options. Knockdown size, finishing attacks, and charged attacks are quite effective when modified rather than modifying for spamming light attack damage where this weapon 'should' shine.

Thx a lot, will have it crafted this morning and you just helped me to understand it ^^

More things I have found out after using the Lecta a lot more last night.

1. The jump attack does not feel radial. It is but it is actually is more like a cone spreading out infront of you. It has a small AoE radius all around and a very large conical shape infront of you.

2. Pressure point increases damage significantly on the weapon despite it being listed as electrical damage it also deals slashing. Mods that add Puncture and Impact damage up also increase damage but because it has very low impact and puncture the increase appears minimal.

3. Mods like Shocking touch stack with the innate electrical damage. Meaning it will increase the damage that it scales when changing damage types (radiation/magnetic) resulting in higher overall damage. However, this costs significantly more polarity as Shocking touch is expensive. Using and swapping all 3 damage types I was able to get a total of 105 damage with verying elements here are the breakdowns:

56 Electric and 49 Blast: +25% to armor and flesh, -25% to infested, +50% to robots. Also inflicts a Stun effect and chain effect. (Grineer and Corpus)
17 Cold and 87 Radiation: +10% to flesh, +50% to robot, +50% to shields -50% to armor. Also influcts a confusion effect and slowdown. (Corpus)
31 Heat and 73 Magnetic: +75% to shield, +50% to robot +75% to Flesh +50% Infested. Also reduces max shields and inflicts a burning DoT effect. (Corpus, Infested)

These damage values are rounded up to total 105 total damage however your mileage may vary depending on enemy type and because of the large ammount of variation in damage effects and the proc rate.

Other notable mods from Nightmare mode for variation:

Focus energy: This mod will replace Shocking touch in any build you have if you use it. It gives Charge speed +40%, still scales electricity damage at 60%, and costs 2 less to equip. Stacks with shocking touch too for more electrical damage if you want  . Coupled with reflex coil gives +100% increase in charge speed.

Rending Strike: +60% charge damage and +60% Puncture damage. Puncture damage is negligable but +60% charge damage is a significant increase.

Corrupt Charge: adds 100% charge damage and -28% charge speed. Coupled with Killing Blow and Rending strike can give a total +310% Charge damage bonus at a loss of -28% charge speed. However that speed is negligable if you have both Focus energy and Reflex coil equipped

Spoiled Strike: +100% damage, -20% attack speed. Countered by Fury mod  for +100% damage and +40% attack speed. Stacks with Pressure point for +220% attack damage.

To finish up, my feelings so far on the Lecta is this:

The damage output on the Lecta is lacking up until max levels where even then it may still be just 'ok'. The cost of the mods required to make this weapon shine require it to be potatoed because of their relatively high cost. If you like this weapon consider Forma for polarity slots to reduce the cost on mods that are higher than 10 but make sure that you forma in the right order so the resulting elements are correct on the output. That being said, it has excellent knockdown ability, a hyperfast finishing move, and a crit rate on par with almost all melee weapons. It excels at battlefield control and along with other weapons can effectively disable opponents from relatively far away.

If changes in the future to status effect proc chance come in the form of patches this weapon may actually become quite deadly because of the sheer number of elemental combinations you can make for less cost than other weapons as it only needs one elemental mod to access 3 different damage types. Increasing the rate at which it inflicts status effects could make this a very effective crowd control weapon as well as assistive damage dealer.