Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Charging the Keep

rhoenix

An idea for a new mission type I had this morning, while listening to the Armored Core: For Answer OST before work.

The idea, quite simply, is for a squad of Tenno to bring down a fortified enemy base - and is meant as a basic example of my Dungeon idea I've mentioned before.

Stage 1: Cracking the Shell:

This may be done either the sneaky way, or the fun way. 

The sneaky way involves running around the outside, dodging spotlights to avoid being spotted, so one can ascend up the side, and through an entrypoint at the top.  For obvious reasons, you'd want to prevent enemies from hitting the alarm if they spot you.

The fun way, however, involves charging right at the front gate.  If the Tenno choose this way, then the base's heavy weapons (like artillery), and heavy attack vehicles get brought out to squish you.  The Tenno in this case need to survive a truly impressive onslaught, break down the front gate, and charge in.

Stage 2: Finding the Heart:

Once inside the base, the Tenno now charge toward the primary and secondary CIC rooms of the base.  At this point, the enemy know that Tenno are now inside the base, regardless of which method chosen to enter.  However, which method the Tenno chose now has an effect on this Stage.  As in, if the Tenno snuck in, then they'll be dealing with many heavy squads of soldiers patrolling, and trying to find them.  If the Tenno blasted their way in, enemy patrols are much lighter, as most of their personnel has been expended.

Once the primary or secondary CIC room is located, the Tenno must then hack it.  This is a two point mobile defense mission effectively, where the added fun is also trying to make sure the enemy can't re-hack the other console and reset your progress.

During this part is when Tenno can discover treasure rooms within the base, which all have a great chance of goodies - Ayatan Sculptures, Forma, Kuva stashes, etc.  Credit amounts, if dropped, should be impressive.

Stage 3: Tearing out the Heart:

Now that the CIC rooms have been compromised, now comes time to level the base.  The Tenno are now directed to the main and backup power rooms of the base.  Consoles must be hacked to expose the cores for both primary and secondary reactor rooms, which must then be destroyed.  Once both have been destroyed, the Tenno must then exfil within 5 minutes to avoid being caught in a very, very big boom.

If the Tenno snuck in at Stage 1, even more enemy patrols will still be running around as in Stage 2, but now they won't be as organized.  If the Tenno blasted their way in however, now is when the enemy receives reinforcements in the form of transport vehicles, which will attempt to blast the Tenno while offloading troops at them.

Once complete, I've no idea for what rewards should be, but I'd vote for something that lets the Tenno perform long-term investment in the growth of friendly factions in some way, plus also shiny loot. For additional information on expanding Factions, please see this thread as well:

• 3 months later...

Archived