Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duviri circuit, host migration woes

(PSN)iuvenilis

As I'm sure many are aware, host migration for duviri Cuircuit is basically an auto-failure, and with added salt, none of the progress is saved.

Optimistically, DE will modify the circuit so progress is saved at the end of each round. 

Putting on my tin-foil hat for a moment, I'm quite concerned this issue won't ever be truly fixed. Index host migration has been bugged for YEARS. There would only be two main reasons this issue has gone unfixed. Either it hasn't been made a priority (why it wouldn't be a priority is a little beyond my understanding... given it's very much a game breaking bug), or, they can't fix it / haven't found the root cause.

It doesn't give much confidence that duviri circuit host migration will be fixed.

While I understand "we the players" are the testers, there would still have to be some basic level of internal QA. Host migration have always been an issue, and that's probably not going to change. Unfortunately, in this situation, it's having a substantial impact on player experience. I'd like think it's about time DE discussed the elephant in the room, and dedicate some resources to reducing the negative impacts that host migrations are having on the player experience. 

/rantover.

• Like 1

it's actually insane how broken host migration is in circuit. I wish I could just have an option to "Always Host" because everyone leaves so quickly & staying when host leaves pretty much like you said is more of "I would like to forfeit all of my current progress and be unable to progress further" button

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just experienced one host migration, and the defend mission is never ending inside the circuit, one hour wasted.

well done DE

I know it's not intentional, but sometimes I just feel that my time spent on this game is not respected at all.

Edited by ether.
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, ether. said:

I just experienced one host migration, and the defend mission is never ending inside the circuit, one hour wasted.

well done DE

I know it's not intentional, but sometimes I just feel that my time spent on this game is not respected at all.

It hasn't been respected for a couple years now with many additions intentionally set out to waste our time.

• Like 1

host migration is been pissing us off for many years. I still remember when there was a host migration in ESO and we lost all progress just because it took too much time to load.

Host migration and the long loading are 2 things that are really annoying in WF

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
Am 16.5.2023 um 04:50 schrieb BlackHole777:

it's actually insane how broken host migration is in circuit. I wish I could just have an option to "Always Host" because everyone leaves so quickly & staying when host leaves pretty much like you said is more of "I would like to forfeit all of my current progress and be unable to progress further" button

I always keep my mouse button ready for a quick click. Because that's just sick... even if it rarely happens.

and it's so embarrassing that there is no solution to this. or how difficult is it to program: if host leaves, then mission is successful and it doesn't go any further! facepalm up tehn