Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Is Useless

NinjaTyr

And I dont think people understand what I meant.

I have been stun locked multiple times and was thinking why isnt melee weapons defensive?, Whats the use of melee if its going to do similar damge to guns? I never run out of ammo becuase I buy ammo boxes.

Cronus(rank 30), volt, terminus.

Yeah, I went to call an elevator, mobs spawn behind me and then they run around the corner and pin me against a wall and I died before I could do anything. I had no control, couldnt move or attack.

lol cronus, is it supercharged?

Edited by BushidoCode

A lot of the replies in threads like mine is "The game devs made it this way thus its perfect."

The game is in closed beta, this is time to work out the bugs not act like this is a finished game.

You know what's more important? Not wasting precious dev time trying to fix something that isn't broken. You don't flinch if you get rifle-butted while doing normal attacks, only when doing a charge attack. And if you do a charge attack in rifle-butting range you're just asking for it.

Besides if you watched the livestream you would note that #1 they are adding blocking to melee and #2 they are re-balancing the stun/knockdown effect. Not because you flinch when you get melee'd while charging, that'll still happen, but because stun and knockdown aren't fully balanced yet.

Edited by ruivoml

Yeah, I went to call an elevator, mobs spawn behind me and then they run around the corner and pin me against a wall and I died before I could do anything. I had no control, couldnt move or attack.

I don't want to be rude, so i won't. Looks like either you are lying or Warframe isn't the game for you.

I don't want to be rude, so i won't. Looks like either you are lying or Warframe isn't the game for you.

I just realized the dude said terminus

OP is either trolling or he needs to learn how to play the game, 818 shields? and dies in terminus? ok

I agree with OP that stunlock is frustrating and it is not a fun mechanic. However I think it exists for the purpose of punishing. What I mean is that if you are getting swarmed it is either you position yourself in a bad spot or your damage output is not enough for the level you are trying to do which I think is okay, you cannot expect to kill everything by spamming 'E' right? or else people will say "this game is too easy". But from what I read of him, he got swarmed at the opening of elevator which is a bad spawn design and I think I ran into similar problem before and just used my frame ulti to deal with them. This spawn thing can be changed and I think it should be as well.

Also Cronus is not really an ideal weapon to deal with group of enemies since it is only hit 1 target per swing. You can't really blame the whole melee system to suck just because 1 weapon is not good in some situation right?

You cannot expect the game to let you "do anything you want" and still win cuz that just means make it super easy isn't it?

Edited by Zeneroth

I just realized the dude said terminus

OP is either trolling or he needs to learn how to play the game, 818 shields? and dies in terminus? ok

Yep. I go to terminus when i want to have crazy fun with my melee weapons' charge attacks, and i use a loki without armor mods and the essence helmet (which further reduces armor). And i have half his shields.

And i hardly use any powers. Terminus is the go-to place for happy great fun times with crazy spawn rates.

Flinching after EVERY hit makes melee useless becuase you cant attack, and I mean come on we are suposed to be powerful beings but after every hit when act like we were hit by a car.

Flinching should only happen after strong attacks not every attack.

just because you cant melee doesnt mean it sucks. never had probs with it so it must be you who just cant melee....

Stop sucking the devs @#&$. Seriously why is it everytime some one makes a thread mostly the same people post saying that nothing is wrong with the game and that the game is absolutely perfect in every way?

no one said it would be perfect. but saying that melee sucks just because the person who says it just sucks in melee combat is just dumb :D

On terminus? Screenshot or it didn´t happen. This is a troll post. Nothing more to see here. Move along people. I call /thread on this one. Hope Lotus comes and locks this one before the rant goes any further.

Melee actually scales to a ridiculous level to the point where you can solo any boss using only melee weaponry in under a minute (generous timeframe, most are ~30 seconds).

Dunno how you could be having problems.

I have an excalibur frame weilding a rank 26 Cronus and I don't have any problems killing anything. In fact on infested maps my favorite thing to do is just run through the map swinging my sword one shoting runners and leapers, while two shoting chargers.

The trick is to learn when to pick your fights. I'm sorry to say this, but if you get into a situation where you actually get stun-locked to death you DESERVE to die.

If he has 818 shields that's probably his problem, He didn't put anything into melee damage.

I had 1k+ shields back then for lulz, with some sprint spd mods no melee warframe dmg mods and a heavily supercharged, charged speed and charge dmg plasma sword, I did fine running around ninja charge slashing everything to bits, and killing bosses with charge spam + smokescreen before I found dual zorens.

Edited by BushidoCode

I have an excalibur frame weilding a rank 26 Cronus and I don't have any problems killing anything. In fact on infested maps my favorite thing to do is just run through the map swinging my sword one shoting runners and leapers, while two shoting chargers.

The trick is to learn when to pick your fights. I'm sorry to say this, but if you get into a situation where you actually get stun-locked to death you DESERVE to die.

Amen brother! Now please run up to the "Grindeers make me wanna quit this game" thread and say the same thing.

This thread has turned into that thread. Basically they share interrests. The same people crying here are the same crying there.

CC and knockbacks need to be removed from the game. I smell alot of FPS players who have never tried a RPG before and can´t handle it.

People expect to not be punished when they perform poorly, I disagree. Punishment exists so you can learn from your mistakes. Trial and error.

you sir just need to

On terminus? Screenshot or it didn´t happen. This is a troll post. Nothing more to see here. Move along people. I call /thread on this one. Hope Lotus comes and locks this one before the rant goes any further.

maybe outer terminus.

I am not talking about interupts, I am talking about every time your attacked you flinch.

Here is what happened, I was swarmed by enemies that ran around a corner and was not able to do anything becuase I kept flinching.