Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Issue with copy and paste

xXRedbullRex

So, as a new player who enjoyed unlocking new planets and so on, I was pretty hyped when reaching the last 3 planets, especially Sedna. But then when I go through the missions I see even more copy and paste. It's such a shame and while I do understand copy and paste there is still a certain point where there is too much. Hydron on Sedna is identical to Helene on Saturn... and it's plenty of planets where this is a huge issue for me. Also some thoughts about the level design. Your game is known as space ninjas or something like that, and yet we spend all our time inside the same building in literally every planet... have some missions outside too. If all plenets eventually get an open world it will definetly be a huge step up at least, but since we are spending so much time in missions it would be nice if some of the extreme copy and paste got removed.

They cannot do different location for every planet & nodes. It's copy-paste - sure (they are called tilesets). Would it be better to have less planets/places? Maybe. However that's what they do with their limited time. They put certain tileset, shake it with Procedural content generation and make something little bit different. Certain missions are very similar (e.g. Defense) but you don't move a lot in them.

1 hour ago, xXRedbullRex said:

Your game is known as space ninjas or something like that, and yet we spend all our time inside the same building in literally every planet... have some missions outside too. If all plenets eventually get an open world it will definetly be a huge step up at least, but since we are spending so much time in missions it would be nice if some of the extreme copy and paste got removed.

There is probably few places that you haven't unlocked. RJ can have different tileset (you can also do those missions after New war quest). We have also 4 open worlds which are kind of unique (I've checked 3 of them) and "open" as you described.

1 hour ago, xXRedbullRex said:

I was pretty hyped when reaching the last 3 planets, especially Sedna.

I would like to some different environments. They could take some idea from sci-fi or science. I guess they are limited by their time so they don't go crazy (and that's why they use PCG). Still... I like some tilesets like Void or last added /spoiler/. I've stayed in /spoiler/ for even hour looking for soundtapes or plumes.

I feel like the OP never played any cheap free to play mmorpg. Because I'm not gonna lie but they are only copy/paste although Warframe is very far from that point. There are many different tilesets in the game. And also here that was just talking about the basic solar map planets which is literally the oldest content in the game that got a few tweaks over the years but still started from being literal copy/paste every two planets and bosses being just a random recoloured standard unit. Today it doesn't feel like that anymore plus the fact you jump from a planet to another almost each mission when you do dailies or weeklies you don't feel the tileset repetitiveness too much.

Archived