Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo loading is a risky endeavour

---RV---Maniac

10 hours ago, Ayzev said:

Why should there be a compromise? Why are you pretending like the issue has no solution? The fact that it didn't exist before already proves it's solvable.

Not sure why you're commenting on a post I made 6 months ago, or why you didn't read the context of it (where I listed multiple solutions), but I'm referring to this compromise:

"They can either place stricter limits on the objects allowed in dojos, which would probably upset major dojo builders, or the game could do some partial load (i.e. low poly models or only immediate spawn room) that would cause stutters as other data streams in while moving around / to other rooms (spot loading rather than batch loading)."

Someone is going to be impacted by any changes made to dojo decorations, whether it be build restrictions or LOD model swaps. This has been an ongoing issue for years, so I'm not sure what you mean by "it didn't exist before" when I'm seeing these exact same posts about taking minutes and crashing to load into dojos from 2014, 2019, and 2021. The issue has been exacerbated in the recent weeks due to cross-platform clans I can imagine (NSW loading a dojo that was designed with PC in mind probably struggles real hard), but my post was well before that and this is by no means a new issue.

4 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

Not sure why you're commenting on a post I made 6 months ago, or why you didn't read the context of it (where I listed multiple solutions), but I'm referring to this compromise:

"They can either place stricter limits on the objects allowed in dojos, which would probably upset major dojo builders, or the game could do some partial load (i.e. low poly models or only immediate spawn room) that would cause stutters as other data streams in while moving around / to other rooms (spot loading rather than batch loading)."

Someone is going to be impacted by any changes made to dojo decorations, whether it be build restrictions or LOD model swaps. This has been an ongoing issue for years, so I'm not sure what you mean by "it didn't exist before" when I'm seeing these exact same posts about taking minutes and crashing to load into dojos from 2014, 2019, and 2021. The issue has been exacerbated in the recent weeks due to cross-platform clans I can imagine (NSW loading a dojo that was designed with PC in mind probably struggles real hard), but my post was well before that and this is by no means a new issue.

Couldn't a decent compromize to just use elevators as loading zones for those floors? This way going into a dojo you're only loading the initial floor your character is on? This should at the least make it considerably faster for a giant portion of dojos with the exception of one floor only dojos.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, -CG-ImMrBloo said:

Couldn't a decent compromize to just use elevators as loading zones for those floors? This way going into a dojo you're only loading the initial floor your character is on?

It should already handle culling and asset management to some degree like this, but even this doesn't solve the issue of one huge overloaded room that is crashing systems like NSW or PCs that can't handle it (especially if that location is the spawn one as well). Something like loading in lower LOD models would be ideal here so that even if you have a ton of different objects all in one location it shouldn't have issues, even on mobile devices that may be supported soon. They definitely need to implement something though, cause this issue is just gonna compound more with so many new devices of varying performance.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Naroxas44 said:

Not sure why you're commenting on a post I made 6 months ago

The thread is still relevant.

And your solutions ignore the fact that this issue didn't exist before. Dojos were heavily decorated all along, loading times got longer suddenly.

• Like 2

I suffer from this after switching to an older laptop visiting friend's dojo. My initial idea was to ask DE to have an option to disable non-essential decor loading, but figure everyone must be sporting a beast gaming rig these days and DE wouldn't care. I gave up in that thought and made my own dojo instead, even my rank 10 dojo load fast on this old laptop.

• Like 1