Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki rework ( mainly switch teleport )

keikogi

My goal was to mordenize loki a bit but stick to his kit and theme as much as possible. To aconplish that his switch teleport was reworked to allow for a lot of situational utility and his 1 was buffed in durability and utility. The passive was also reworked to allow for a faster play style doing away with animation locks from skills 

Passive 

Trickster 

Loki quickly deploys a Decoy to perform the casting animation of any skill in his place.

Note: think of loki casting saryn molt ( no casting animation ) and then the copy left behind performs the casting animation of the skill loki is performing 

1. Decoy 

Changes 

Has 10 charges of mesmer skin like hp.

Uses the player secondary but its damage is set to 0. 

It's able to copy casts of radial disarm or any skill helminth skill ( but it's damage is set to 0 ).

Note: If loki is currently disguised as a warframe , the Decoy is also a copy of that warframe and may cast its helminth skill doing 0 damage )

Clarification: the copied weapon can proc status like currently loki can ( no-one notices because it's a low chance on a unmoded lex or lato ). Damage status effect will deal 1 damage like current.

2. Invibility 

No changes 

3. Switch Teleport Changed to Trickery 

Targeting an enemy 

Swaps position with the target enemy them disguises loki as the target and the enemy as loki.

Loki can hold 3 to cast an enemy skill ( if available,  for example if you swap places with a bombard loki will perform the slam they do ). Copied move damage is set to 0.

Firing weapons or damaging enemies breaks this disguise.

Targeting an ally 

Turn the target ally invisible than teleport to his position. Loki disguises himself as the allied warframe.

Loki can hold 3 to cast the helminth power of the warframe he disguised as.

Casting a skill from loki ( except hold 3 ) breaks this disguise.

4. Radial Disarm

No changes 

Edit: reworked the passive

Edited by keikogi
  • Like 3

Somebody that doesn't want to rework Loki's passive? Unreal! Aight.

Decoy change: nah, just make the decoy completely invincible. If you want to allow it to deal secondary damage sure sounds reasonable but not at 0. It isn't wukong clone levels of broken if that ever became a thing as it stands in one place.

Invisibility: honestly yeah just update casting speed too slow for how we play the game. 

"BuT aRcHoN sHaRdS" no. Loki deserves to have a good kit by default.

Switch teleport: kinda see it hard to implement, but reasonable.

Radial disarm: would also update casting speed.

Loki in himself isn't bad because of his abilities, he just doesn't seem to have a use to the general player. Loki is a good frame to prioritize on eximus and to group enemies up for allies, or used to be. With the decoy change I'm sure he will be miles better.

Edited by (XBOX)Exoni Prime
Misread switch teleport change
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

Somebody that doesn't want to rework Loki's passive? Unreal! Aight.

Nah man. I just did not have a good idea. Tought of something to help him with energy economy ( given that in pushing him to spam helminth skill or allies skills ) but I did not find something that fits well.

Decoy change: nah, just make the decoy completely invincible. If you want to allow it to deal secondary damage sure sounds reasonable but not at 0. It isn't wukong clone levels of broken if that ever became a thing as it stands in one place.

Just sticking to original desing as much as possible the original skill nas hp so making the reworked version have a form of hp is a good goal. Maybe allowing it to store damage damge like iron skin could be a solution too 

Also even at zero damage it's deceptively strong , current Decoy can proc status buts its a unmoded lex so copying a modded atomos with heat and viral will still remove half of the armor , lock down enemies even at zero damage. Also again current monkey can deal damage but can't it can only mimic wukong own skills.

Invisibility: honestly yeah just update casting speed too slow for how we play the game.

I agree a lot of skills have awkward casting speeds , I went as far as draping 5 amber crystals on some build and most frames I use a lot I try to put at least two. Speaking of casting times finaly had an idea for a loki passive 

Trickster - when loki cast a skill, a Decoy will perform the casting animation on his place.( if loki is currently invisble this decoy is also invisible ).

In this way all his skills would have no animation lock.

I'm even going to update the post.

Loki in himself isn't bad because of his abilities, he just doesn't seem to have a use to the general player. Loki is a good frame to prioritize on eximus and to group enemies up for allies, or used to be. With the decoy change I'm sure he will be miles better

There is precedent for invulnerable decoys ( mirage precedent ) ,maybe lowering it's priority would be fine for a completely invuberable decoy. I implemented the mesmer skin hp because it has a minimum duration but it's placement can still affect its durability ( going in line with the current desing ).

Edited by keikogi

On 2023-05-28 at 2:06 AM, keikogi said:

My goal was to mordenize loki a bit but stick to his kit and theme as much as possible. To aconplish that his switch teleport was reworked to allow for a lot of situational utility and his 1 was buffed in durability and utility. The passive was also reworked to allow for a faster play style doing away with animation locks from skills 

I like these changes. Which is a first for Loki.

• Like 1