Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arachnoid frame pitch

(NSW)Kore_Laith

Hello Warframe my friends and I have an idea for an arachnid based Warframe called arachnoid abilities - hang the frame sticks enemy's from the ceiling and drains there health and energy the second ability would be devour it pulls an enemy towards it And it becomes an Ally third ability would be swinging where it hangs upside down and swings from the ceiling fourth ability would be an exalted ability that webs itself up and gains a bigger form gives it a damage and health booster along with and exalted weapon that are spider legs like a centaur but a spider

2 hours ago, (NSW)Kore_Laith said:

Hello Warframe my friends and I have an idea for an arachnid based Warframe called arachnoid abilities - hang the frame sticks enemy's from the ceiling and drains there health and energy the second ability would be devour it pulls an enemy towards it And it becomes an Ally third ability would be swinging where it hangs upside down and swings from the ceiling fourth ability would be an exalted ability that webs itself up and gains a bigger form gives it a damage and health booster along with and exalted weapon that are spider legs like a centaur but a spider

Well for starters many people pitched the spider frame concept. And with Khora who does have a little spider theme to her, abilities would be difficult. Also Ivara’s rope arrow and Valkyr’s rip line.

However, spiders aren’t the only arachnids. There’s scorpions too which got my picturing a sort of hybrid of the 2. Kind of got me picturing an ability that sprouts multiple legs that do piercing damage to nearby enemies and has pinchers that inflicts slash. 

Abilities, for starters the hanging from the ceiling wouldn’t work cause there are lots of areas that don’t have ceilings and DE don’t make abilities that are too limited or restricted. And turning an enemy into an ally isn’t quite spider like.

However, the abilities I’m picturing would be more like:

Passive has longer wall latch plus can run along and up the wall instead of having to jump.

-First Ability, binds enemies into a cocoon that drains their health based on percentage. Enemies killed have a higher chance of dropping health and energy orbs.

-Second Ability, fires webbing that can jam enemies guns and cause them to explode, also can reduce enemy accuracy by blinding them. 

-Third Ability, sprouts 4 legs or pinchers to inflict piecing damage or slash damage to enemies nearby. Basically running through a horde will cause the limbs to strike at any and all enemies at rapid pace. Ability casting speed and melee speed boost the speed of the limbs attacks.

-Fourth Ability, summons exalted pinchers/rapiers that inflict slash/piercing damage plus toxic damage. Can cause them to extend like whips that can hit enemies from further away and bring them closer. Chance to inflict paralyzing effect on enemies hit. Maybe gains increased parkour while ability is active.

That’s the sort of abilities I’m picturing for such an arachnid hybrid that aren’t too similar to existing frames. And that’s not even including augment mods. Be hard to describe its appearance. As a male, I’m picturing one that’s pretty bulky. Almost tarantula vibes. And you’ll see the 4 limbs folded or close around the ribs until the ability is cast. It’s body would look more exoskeleton like, more armored looking compared to most frames. Would have low shields but a lot of armor. 

But that’s just my opinion.