Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Black screen error

(PSN)Ofenzax

When I'm in a mission I suddenly get a black screen, the minimap and the rest of the HUD are still visible, after a while it goes away but it's very annoying (I lost nihil's fight because of that). I had heard that it happened to some people when the Deimos update arrived (it never happened to me at that time). Please DE check that 🥺.

On 2023-05-30 at 10:21 PM, (PSN)Ofenzax said:

When I'm in a mission I suddenly get a black screen, the minimap and the rest of the HUD are still visible, after a while it goes away but it's very annoying (I lost nihil's fight because of that). I had heard that it happened to some people when the Deimos update arrived (it never happened to me at that time). Please DE check that 🥺.

Hi Ofenzax. Could you tell us where you've encountered this black screen? Does it appear in a mission or any of the open-world landscapes? Do you only notice it when using a specific Warframe (or weapon)? Any additional information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I've been getting this fairly often since I started playing again last week. For me its related to certain weapons and ability effects. If you look in the direction of any of the bugged objects it'll make this massive black box on screen. For me at the moment the primary gun Astilla ( and its Prime) and the melee weapon Volnus ( and its Prime) are triggering it. Warframe abilities are harder to tell but Gara seems to be triggering it as well maybe its Splinter Storm ability.

If you use the preview option in the equipment screen and go though the lists of weapons you can get an idea of which ones are bugged at the moment.

It does seem to be specifically a ps4 version problem (iI'm playing on a PS4 Pro) as my brother is playing on the ps5 and not getting it at all.

Edited by Sadnum
Added console I'm playin on