Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Abilities visual effects

Buter.Fly

Crafted a warframe, bought palettes, made the most beautiful coloring in the world, added the ability of a mirage with a helminth so that beauty would also be deadly and ... all my efforts came to naught because the eclipse mirage turned my warframe into 1 colored doodle. DE please add the ability to turn off the visual effect for such abilities (eclipse mirage, rhino skin etc) so that they do not affect the warframe because this devalues the efforts of players to make a beautiful warframe.

Edited by Buter.Fly
  • Like 1

Hey, I fully support this since recently I spend some bucks on an ivara skin, spend about half an hour to an hour customizing the colors and looks of it (i got carried away), I was really happy with it (one of my favorite recolors i think) then reality hit like a truck when i went into a mission and realized that the only time i ll see the skin will be when i watch the extraction cutscene ... (which could be seen as a motivating factor to not linger in a mission for too long lol)

I suggested some solutions to this in a recent post, some ideas referenced from other tenno, two ideas by myself. Some are obviously more difficult to implement, some shouldn't really cause any issue and its questionable why its not there yet XD of course, while looking at previous feedback, some people prefer to have things the way they are right now so in an update to this feature, there would need to be a way to retain the current visuals.

If you have any further ideas on how to implement this, feel free to add them, either here or on my previous post; I would include them to create a comprehensive post of the issue ^^

On a sidenote, you could try to "fix" the mirage eclipse issue by checking if adjusting the ability effects visibility slider under the "accessibility" tab helps. Also try out to change the energy color to black, in some cases that makes the visual effects barely noticeable. Sadly no effect on invisibility atm. Obviously this is not a real fix to the issue at hand, since you may enjoy the other visual effects with a slider set to 100 %

Edited by Rikuto-frame

Of course a switchable function would be a nice solution as well which i fully support. simply turning it off would have the downside of the visual feedback missing as to the ability being active or not (very relevant for stealth visual effects, for mirage it would mean once your frame looks beautiful again the ability has run out XD)

If you refer to my final note, I meant that playing around with energy color as well as with the visual effects slider under the "accessibility" tab in the settings may help you temporarily fix your particular issue. some abilities are famous for the effects energy color has, most notably nekros 4: if you dont want to confuse your squad members, you have a really bright energy color, if you want to confuse them, you have a dark one. Here the dark one makes the visual effect on the summoned enemy friends nearly invisible, while with a bright energy color, the summoned enemy friends are clearly distinguishable from regular enemies. Similarly, you could try setting the energy color for your frame to a very dark one and see if it turns the eclipse effect nearly invisible. - Obviously this is a temporary fix and no solution and only works with some visual issues caused by abilities. But I hope it may help you enjoy the customizations of that warframe of yours ^^