Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DirectX12 disabled on launcher (W10, GTX 1080 TI)

phpsena

Trying to test what could be the main cause for my HUGE loading times since Duviri Paradox deploy, i saw one solution that aided a significant amount of players: switching DirectX versions (from 11 to 12).

However, the launcher on my PC won't allow me to change from DX11. The combo box is disabled.

As i said on thread title, i am running a Windows 10 (22H2) with a GTX 1080 TI (drivers from July '22). I ran DxDiag and confirmed DX12 as the current version on my system.

Is there anything left for Warframe detect DX12?

Edited by phpsena
Fixed driver date

@phpsena Could you run DxDiag and confirm the feature levels it displays for the GPU? I just wanna confirm they're DX 12 feature levels (there's some overlap between 11 and 12, like 11_0 & 11_1, and Windows may report this as "DX 12" since technically it is, though Warframe may require more than just those). Is this also the only GPU in your system, or do you have some integrated one that it might be detecting instead? If so, you should be able to set it to use "High performance" / discrete graphics in Windows settings.

Quick edit: If you could as well, check the launcher log in '%LOCALAPPDATA%/Warframe' and look for a line like the following (but with your GPU listed):

• Found D3D adapter 0: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER (D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_12_0)

That should tell you what the launcher is seeing your GPU as.

Edited by Naroxas44
Additional checks
  • Like 1

@Naroxas44, i ran DxDiag again and it shows me "Feature Levels: 12_1,12_0,11_1,11_0,10_1,10_0,9_3,9_2,9_1".

My system has no integrated graphics (neither on mainboard, nor in CPU). That is the only videocard in my system.

On launcher log file, i found this:

Found D3D adapter 0: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_12_0)
Ignoring software D3D adapter 1: Microsoft Basic Render Driver (D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_12_0)

OK cool, the launcher is detecting an appropriate DX 12 feature level then. So a few things to try then:

• Verify files from the launcher
  • Disconnect from the internet temporarily and see if it lets you select it then
  • Update GPU drivers (possibly clean install them with DDU, but I don't know if you're running ones from 2022 for a specific reason or not)
  • Run "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" & "sfc /scannow" in elevated command prompt (they look for and replace any broken files that might be present, sometimes Windows has updates that just break things for no apparent reason); this should resolve any missing DirectX 12 files, though I'm not sure if this issue is limited to just Warframe or if you play other titles with DX12 support

I'd recommend trying them in the order listed, since the last two could take a while. Unfortunately I don't think there's any way to "force" the launcher into a particular mode (none of the config files I've seen have an option for it), so we'll just kind of have to do things until it gives you the option.

• Like 1