Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon : Renewal bugs

BethTheBean

Good evening.

As an Oberon main, I've noticed two bugs that have persisted nice the Kuva Lich was introduced. I'm going to assume DE doesn't care, since the veteran players tell everyone not to use him.

1. When a nul bubble cancels his Renewal power, the toggle is still on.

2. Blast damage turns the Renewal toggle off. This is either a bug or a stealth nerf.

Thank you.

9 hours ago, PazuulLoveMe said:

1. When a nul bubble cancels his Renewal power, the toggle is still on.

Pretty sure this is intended, to keep the buff up on allies even when dispelled on Broberon himself.

9 hours ago, PazuulLoveMe said:

2. Blast damage turns the Renewal toggle off. This is either a bug or a stealth nerf.

WDYM by that, exactly? Enemy damage, like from Bombards? Or self-stagger from your own weapons?

Can you give an example situation where that happened to you?

• Like 1

On 2023-06-11 at 2:44 AM, NinjaZeku said:

WDYM by that, exactly? Enemy damage, like from Bombards? Or self-stagger from your own weapons?

Can you give an example situation where that happened to you?

Duh on me, lol.

My stupidity, the group's stupidity, enemy weapons, etc.

My favorite is the "pick up and throw" animations of the Lich and Sisters. As I'm hitting the wall(s), the renewal toggle pops on and off until I hit the floor - then the ability is off. I can't help to laugh because the whole thing is similar to a comedy sketch. 

2 hours ago, PazuulLoveMe said:

My stupidity, the group's stupidity, enemy weapons, etc.

That doesn't really make it clear what exactly you mean.

You can't deal Blast damage to yourself, so I guess you mean self-stagger / knockdown stuff?

But then where does your Squad come in, how do they cause any of that on you?

5 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

That doesn't really make it clear what exactly you mean.

You can't deal Blast damage to yourself, so I guess you mean self-stagger / knockdown stuff?

But then where does your Squad come in, how do they cause any of that on you?

If I fire a kuva tonkor at my feet - I stagger, loose my shield, and the renewal toggle turns off. 

Seems to happen when the blast status is on the weapon ( not by mods ), and when the projectile hits a wall or floor first. In case of a Lich, I'm the projectile hitting the surface.

I'm starting to think it has something to do with the "Quick Thinking" mod, as my stagger is a pile-driver into the ground instead of a stumble-over like my other frames.

https://overframe.gg/build/417195/oberon-prime/selfish-build-99-prime-arcanes-shards/

30 minutes ago, PazuulLoveMe said:

If I fire a kuva tonkor at my feet - I stagger, loose my shield, and the renewal toggle turns off. 

WDYM shield? Like, your actual Shields? That shouldn't be happening, there is no self-damage.

36 minutes ago, PazuulLoveMe said:

Seems to happen when the blast status is on the weapon ( not by mods )

Blast procs cause neither knockdown nor self-damage,
Launcher type weapons cause self-stagger / knockdown because DE said so, not because of innate damage types.

Sorry but I simply can't replicate what you're describing, my Kuva Tonkor doesn't deal any damage to my Oberon Prime,
and it certainly doesn't turn off Renewal, either. (Wasn't in the mood to get a Lich for this, heh.)

Could you maybe record this happening to you?

• Like 1