Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

34 Ferrite And A Warframe Mod For A Boss Is Not An Acceptable Reward.

gooeylobster

A buddy of mine has been farming Hek for his last Trinity piece (Systems) for last 3 hours and I'm on skype with him. I've personally heard him tell me 5 or 6 times that all he got on the last run was some 30-40 ferrite and a mod. You can get get that from a locker... I get that not every run is going to have something rare but at least make the totals of the lower end materials higher than what you'd get from a locker.

Edited by gooeylobster

I agree, there needs to be a threshold for bosses that makes them Drop Minerals or BP's that are rare.

For example, bosses could drop 2x the amount of a normal Alloy plate/Rubedo Drop. (50-75, as opposed to 10-30)

I'd accept just that change.

I agree, there needs to be a threshold for bosses that makes them Drop Minerals or BP's that are rare.

For example, bosses could drop 2x the amount of a normal Alloy plate/Rubedo Drop. (50-75, as opposed to 10-30)

I'd accept just that change.

You can get that high number of rub drops from lockers.

Bosses are basically for BPs and those mats that just drop 1 of.

A buddy of mine has been farming Hek for his last Trinity piece (Systems) for last 3 hours and I'm on skype with him. I've personally heard him tell me 5 or 6 times that all he got on the last run was some 30-40 ferrite and a mod. You can get get that from a locker... I get that not every run is going to have something rare but at least make the totals higher than what you'd get from a locker.

Were taking down a boss actually some sort of monumental challenge or achievement, that may be a different issue. But at the moment, they are just bullet sponge versions of normal mobs. I can solo them using locked frames and weapons; taking down a boss is not that big a deal.

Edited by Ryme

Were taking down a boss actually some sort of monumental challenge or achievement, that may be a different issue. But at the moment, they are just bullet sponge versions of normal mobs. I can solo them using locked frames and weapons; taking down a boss is not that big a deal.

The point is, it takes more time than opening a locker but often times you get the same reward. You obviously don't understand basic logic though, so I forgive you.

Not everyone is as skilled as you, please remember that.

the chance of getting your desired item should be at least a week or two and btw thats wat make people play this game in the first play to keep farming and letting new players finish there missions.

but i do agree it can be frustrationg not getting your item in every round but thats how the devs have planned it for now. hope they implement that into update 7

Actually a suggestion from me is that stop continueusly farm at one spot and take a breather at another planet for a while to allow the drop rate to reset itself.

The point of this post was pointing out that if we're going to get S#&$ty mats, at least give me more of them than I would get if I opened a locker.

Edited by gooeylobster

Why?

The point of this post was pointing out that if we're going to get S#&$ty mats, at least give me more of them than I would get if I opened a locker. Even if it was about getting more trinity pieces than the current rate, you are suggesting doing it less over a longer period of time which is, indeed counter productive. He could either do 25 runs in a few hours or he could do those 25 runs over several days and each time, the counter is reset so you'd have a lower drop chance each time you let it reset (according to your logic).

Edited by gooeylobster

I think that common mats should be taken off the boss drop table entirely. uncommen mats should have large drop ammounts (and they do), and occationally rare mats. then have the bp's be even more rare.

I think that the random counter is reset every game. unless someone can give evidence (a dev quote, for instance) then no one should be talking about reset counters needing time. I built my trinity and it took 16 runs just to get systems (they might be the most rare?). during that time i got 2 more helmet bp's! then i went to get the control module and neural scaners. got both in the first run of each boss.

Bosses are suppose to be hard. and if they do not dorp good stuff, and are only damage sponges of normal units, then what is even the point to playing? some of the bosses are a trick, especially for players who are still starting out or are using lower level frames for the challenge. I hope that eventually all the bosses become more tricky... but for now, they NEED to drop interesting stuff, and not in quantities i can get from lockers. else, this game is not really interesting to play.... nothing to play for.... counter productive....

i would suggest (and i don't know how to make this happen, but i am sure it can be done) that the drop look a thet players current inventory, and make items he/she already has less likely to drop. the more the player has based on a weighted value (farrite=VERY low weight, and bp's=very high) the less likely it can be dropped. so having 14k farrite (like i do) means i get less in missions. i know this might be hard to do with 4 people running around, but i already know that mod drops are different for each person. why not resources and bp's?

I have more to say about bosses, but that should be on a different post.

Edited by Juper0