The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bee Warframe concept

(XBOX)Lord ChibiVR

So I was thinking how cool it could be to get an insect/bug themed frame, and I managed to come up with an idea for how a Bee themed warframe would work.

Name: Apis (Scientific name for a honeybee, this is placeholder for the concept but i kind of like it.)

Passive: Apis has omnidirectional aimglide, meaning that you can automatically switch directions while aimgliding really easily, allowing you to "fly". Apis can automatically collect hp orbs which she stores in a "Honey meter." Honey is slowly converted into energy for Apis, while high amounts of honey will cause Apis to gain an attack speed buff.

Ability 1: Apis uses honey from the meter to create a trap on the ground. Enemies are lured towards the honey trap and become stuck on it, slowing down until they are unable to move while their guns are jammed by the honey. Holding the ability creates a beneficial honey aoe that gives allies hp and a little bit of energy regen.

Ability 2: Apis marks enemies with bee pheromones, readying her for nectar harvest. Enemies will become confused by this, causing them to stop attacking and take extra damage. Enemies that are marked will drop extra health orbs, allowing Apis to collect honey.

Ability 3: Apis creates a swarm of bees which target nearby enemies, stacking Corrosive procs along with toxin procs that are a % of enemy hp. Enemies in honey are priority targeted by bees making them take double damage and drop extra health orbs. Damage caused will increase the honey in the meter, while having a mostly full honey meter will cause the bees to become "excited," making them attack more quickly.

Ability 4: Apis uses her stinger, doing high damage to enemies. Swarms of bees, honey traps, and pheromones will each increase the damage enemies take from the stinger.  Surviving enemies lose their armor.

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

So I was thinking how cool it could be to get an insect/bug themed frame, and I managed to come up with an idea for how a Bee themed warframe would work.

Name: Apis (Scientific name for a honeybee, this is placeholder for the concept but i kind of like it.)

Passive: Apis has omnidirectional aimglide, meaning that you can automatically switch directions while aimgliding really easily, allowing you to "fly". Apis can automatically collect hp orbs which she stores in a "Honey meter." Honey is slowly converted into energy for Apis, while high amounts of honey will cause Apis to gain an attack speed buff.

Ability 1: Apis uses honey from the meter to create a trap on the ground. Enemies are lured towards the honey trap and become stuck on it, slowing down until they are unable to move while their guns are jammed by the honey. Holding the ability creates a beneficial honey aoe that gives allies hp and a little bit of energy regen.

Ability 2: Apis marks enemies with bee pheromones, readying her for nectar harvest. Enemies will become confused by this, causing them to stop attacking and take extra damage. Enemies that are marked will drop extra health orbs, allowing Apis to collect honey.

Ability 3: Apis creates a swarm of bees which target nearby enemies, stacking Corrosive procs along with toxin procs that are a % of enemy hp. Enemies in honey are priority targeted by bees making them take double damage and drop extra health orbs. Damage caused will increase the honey in the meter, while having a mostly full honey meter will cause the bees to become "excited," making them attack more quickly.

Ability 4: Apis uses her stinger, doing high damage to enemies. Swarms of bees, honey traps, and pheromones will each increase the damage enemies take from the stinger.  Surviving enemies lose their armor.

So I used an AI “artwork” app to try and create a bee frame. I used a picture of wisp as a model and put “bee” in the prompt section. Which created this:AJNMVRG.png

Then I clicked “regenerate” then used the picture of Titania. I did it twice, which gave these 2 images:7ckkC3V.jpg

x3AfMXt.jpg

Just goofing around. But I feel the third image is more accurate and unique. Maybe make the bees look more robotic and reduce the head features a little. 

The app I use is Artist.ai take a picture of a couple of frames you feel have the right model shape then use a keyword or 2… or 3… for the AI to add or change to the image. It can be done infinite number of times for different results. Click regenerate to create a “new art” that sort of merges the new “art” with the original image and make more adjustments. For the regenerate you can change the words for the prompt and replace the image you used for a different one to create a more hybrid like version. As you can see with third pic I posted, she shares features from both wisp and Titania.

You’d have to try many times to get as close as you can. If you have any drawing skills, you could use the new image as a default if indecision was your issue. I can’t draw very well and there’s too many options to choose from. The third pic is like 95% close to what I pictured for a bee frame.

Anyways, I just had a semi fun moment just messing with the app. Can definitely come in handy for both artists and non-artists when it comes to randomly choosing ideas for models.

• 2 months later...

Archived