Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Prime; Worth It?

-Mr.Meeseeks-

as i see it it would bee good vs Grinner as it does mostly puncture damage, however the Impact is low so you would have problems breaking shields and fighting robotics, also low blade damage makes it bad vs infested ( even Ancients that aren't armored anymore)

IF using Magnetic to compensate the low Impact or Viral vs infected you gotta think about the mods that Bow weapons NEED to function well :

-Serration and Heavy Caliber 

-Fire rate for charge speed: Speed trigger and/or Shred

-Crit rate and multiplier: Point strike- V sense and Hammer shot

-Split Chamber because the possibilty to strike twice and each hit having its own crit chance is big

-2 elementals to get the desired combo for each faction 

-A lone elemental not being conbo'ed with others ( depends on the case)

-Reload ( player preference)

as side note:

-Dread=mostly slash damage so better vs infested

-Paris/PPrime=Puncture so use vs armored

-The Vectis fits the Impact category but it also has decent puncture and slash damage so its kind of a jack of all trades

-i don't own the Vulkar or Lanka so cant really add them here )

Edited by TDS0Spoderman

I haven't used any of the Bows since Damage 2.0 hit(Been too busy optimizing my Synapse), So I'm not sure. I think Paris Prime was more effective than Dread the last time I used it, though. 

Dread overshadows the Paris Prime in every aspect now.

Especially because Dread can crit 15k.

all the bows seem to be okay at low to mid level enemies. anything beyond 40ish and the weapons start to struggle (notice this with the paris more than anything else) 

however.. this is with a pre-damage 2.0 weapon build wich maxes AP damage (now known as puncture) crit chance and damage, rate of fire, and puncture mods. 

havent really gotten round to optimizing them yet specially since I am still trying to gather all the new element and damage type mods

as i see it it would bee good vs Grinner as it does mostly puncture damage, however the Impact is low so you would have problems breaking shields and fighting robotics, also low blade damage makes it bad vs infested ( even Ancients that aren't armored anymore)

IF using Magnetic to compensate the low Impact or Viral vs infected you gotta think about the mods that Bow weapons NEED to function well :

-Serration and Heavy Caliber 

-Fire rate for charge speed: Speed trigger and/or Shred

-Crit rate and multiplier: Point strike- V sense and Hammer shot

-Split Chamber because the possibilty to strike twice and each hit having its own crit chance is big

-2 elementals to get the desired combo for each faction 

-A lone elemental not being conbo'ed with others ( depends on the case)

-Reload ( player preference)

as side note:

-Dread=mostly slash damage so better vs infested

-Paris/PPrime=Puncture so use vs armored

-The Vectis fits the Impact category but it also has decent puncture and slash damage so its kind of a jack of all trades

-i don't own the Vulkar or Lanka so cant really add them here )

very good points here. but alas there just aren't enough mod slots for optimal builds anymore xD

EDIT: 

I've fiddled a little with the mods (added an impact dmg mod to the Paris and Paris Prime and I thought I'd drop down some statistics for comparison.

ALL the bows are using these mods:

Split chamber; maxed
Serration; at rank 7 +120% dmg
Speed Trigger; maxed
Shred; rank 3
Point Strike: maxed
Vital sense; maxed
Fast Hands; rank 3

the only difference I have done between the dread and the 2 paris bows are;

paris and Pprime now use the Rupture mod (maxed giving +30% impact dmg)

Dread however is using Piercing Hit (maxed giving +30% puncture dmg)

here are the stats for them (damage wise)

Dread;

26.4 Impact

34.3 Puncture

211.2 Slash

50% crit chance at a 3.3 x multiplier 

15% stat chance.

Paris;

12.9 Impact

148.5 Puncture

39.6 Slash

10% stat chance.

and finally Paris Prime;

18.6 Impact

243.1 Puncture

28.6 Slash

15% stat chance.

as far as balancing the 3 damage types go I'd say the Dread beats both the Paris and PPrime in terms of damage. (with the build I'm using. I'm sure different mods and what not will harbor different results.)

that doesnt really mean that the Dread is better than both of them. the Paris sisters will always be a better weapon to use against Grineer, (and leapers since they appear to have the yellow armor health bar as well)

in terms of GETTING the bows:

Paris is by far the easiest to obtain, 

Paris Prime does require a bit of effort but its not THAT hard to get.

Dread is probably the hardest since you need to fight the Stalker, beat him and hope he drops the Dread BP (also requires a LOT of resources)

so as far as effectiveness to difficulty to obtain ratio it seems to fit about right

hope this helps.

Edited by Fartbake

I would go for the PPrime, it's not like you can "actively" try and farm a dread anyway..  Besides the Paris Prime is epic against Grineer, I can one shot all I've come across.  I have seen a friend using the Dread, and it is very nice, against infested, anywhere else our PPrimes do better, although I don't know what mods he uses on his Dread.  My Paris has zero trouble with mid-level corpus, if you throw magnetic onto it, it will just fly through shields.