Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frohd Beks Voice

Haldos

I feel as though Frohd Becks voice or should I say, his consistent whispering, is pretty dull.

We don't have many developed named character voices, so hearing them is a big deal. I think Alad V, for example, was done wonderfully. His voice was smooth but slimy and there were subtle accents and rhythms to his speaking pattern. Ruk, as a counter, sounds gravely and speaks very slow and in a somewhat broken dialect, as if he hasn't quite grasped the Tenno language.

Frohd has none of these traits, or at least, we can't hear them because he just whispers. I feel as though DE was going for a "Mysterious and ominous presence" but it wasn't convincing to me. Whispering is only effective when it's to emphasize a threat, not as a primary speaking method.

I have a feeling Frohd won't be hanging around too long, but for future characters, I'd like them more colorful and lively when they communicate.

Edited by Haldos

Frohd soulds like he's rasping to me, rather than whispering.

It almost feels like he's strapped into a tank or a life support system somewhere and can barely speak.

Feels like he replaced his throat with something mechanical likey... Turning him into a cyborg with a voice implant module thing, which causes him to whisper because if he don't, he might cast a spell on everyone. Hurr.