Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path Disruption Fissures are Awesome!

Sol_IX

The disruption gamemode is already fantastic and incredibly fun, and I wanted to shoutout to the devs about some positive feedback about it. There are several big reasons why this gamemode is well loved:

First and most popular is that you control the speed at which waves progress, which means an efficient team can really speed up the waves given higher skill and coordination.

Second, and my favorite, is that there are little to no build requirements. The gamemode has no targets to defend, no features that make one frame more important than any other. The gamemode solely relies on staying alive and nuking a high level target. People run everything from styanax and kullervo to wisp and nova, and nobody bats an eye. As long as you can stay alive and do some damage thats all that matters!

Finally, the demolysts are great enemies (I prefer the grineer because of their headshots) which scale incredibly fast and require specific preparation and high damage builds.

Steel path fissure disruption takes all of this to the next level for an endgame player, giving incredible rewards that scale with the fissure resource booster, and scaling difficulty much harder than normal disruption. It is one of very few infinite modes that doesnt require one player to afk defend something as well as have the ability to speed up the waves meaningfully.

If there are some ways that this mode can be taken over the top, the first for me would be directional subtitles for demolysts. Games like fortnite have great indicators for bullet direction, and I think the addition of something like this for demolyst pings would be great for accessibility and listening to music.

Additionally, giving corpus and infested better or more obvious headshot hitboxes would make them much more fun to play.

Thank you devs! This mode is a great part of endgame, feels rewarding and fun to play. Keep up the good work.

Agreed. Disruption is pretty good, and it'd be even better if I could listen to music or streams while doing it, instead of listening for beeps (I still do it anyway, but it means I pretty much have to wait at the conduit for the demolisher to come to me).

While on one hand you can get into a nice rythm clearing round after round of disruption, I think it could be even better if there was something to spice disruptions up over time though. And I don't really like the energy drain aura, not having abilities isn't fun (yeah you can work around it by using an energy pad when the demolisher shows up, but still, not fun).

I guess the lessons to learn from this are: Making the player wait out missions with no/little way to effect progress is bad. Making the player maximize kills per second on inconsequential enemies is less fun that having them kill mini bosses. The level being interactive in a sense (if you consider the demolisher moving as part of the level) is preferrable over it being static and always the same.

I agree with this I've been doing Apollo on Lua and with other four players it's fun. Usually rounds go quickly because players are spread around and can kill demolyst when it spawns near them.

Only issue I have is need to rely on sound. Especially if done solo. I usually use headphones while playing but when I don't it's much harder because I don't want to raise my TV volume. This is also issue for players with hearing problems so I wish there's some visual indicator for demolyst too.

Archived