The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Is The Deadly Amphis ?

Zyfe3rX

Question

I just need around 500 mastery for level 4 and pretty much then its meh ! I dont need any more new items to levelup since there is nothing special after level 4 !

So is the Amphis really deadly ? Is it in anyway better than Scindo ?

rest of all,

is it good ? ^.^

If it isnt good, that will save me some time and materials :D !

Edited by Zyfe3rX

9 answers to this question

I'm personally trying to find it's niche that it rests in as we speak. Level 10 at the moment, and it seems it's shock AoE is the majority of it's draw, most Corpus I heavy charge in Venus needs two or three hits before it's down compared to the Dual Heat Sword's 1 at the same level, so...

it has base 100 charge damage, a slight faster charge attack than that of the Bo, a 270º wide arc for the charge attack, 1.3 base fire-rate, out-of-the-box electric damage, looks very badass, ignores 100% armor (bo only ignores 50% armor), has a slide-swipe attack that deals charge damage.

Mine is at rank 16 with white rank <10 mods (all other mods are on my other melee weapons) so i'm currently both leveling it and looking for mod drops. With a base 20 attack damage, even with 1.3 fire rate i'd say its pretty much useless. It's real power is as a charge weapon. Stacking charge damage with charge speed mods will make it a beast against everyone but Infected.

Aganist the infected its only good if you have a Loki or Ash that can run fast, turn invisible and add a fire damage mod.

I'm currently clearing rooms of rank 27-30 grineers with its charge attack in 2 hits. Each charge takes about 1 second. Maxed Loki frame.

With all that said, i'm pretty sure this is a weapon mostly designed with Update 7 in mind, so let's see.

Edited by ruivoml

It's not a weapon, it's an experience. If you want the best of the crop you'll just get the scindo, the Lex, the Braton-Vandal (if you had the time) or the Braton with the best mods. The consensus on these three being the best isn't there, but what people agree on is that these are at least near the top.

What makes them earn that is the fact that they are good for everything. The rest only work properly in some roles, so you'll see people saying that the Gorgon and Afuris are only good for bosses, DHS are only good against infected and etc.

So the point is, you should try everything out. And before you say you don't have the Plat, you shouldn't use it anyway even if you have it. Buying the BP and farming the materials is part of the fun for me, and part of the experience in the game. I had some odd 3000 plat when i bought the hunter pack then upgraded for master pack, and i've only used my plat on boosters and potatoes. And on cosmetic things such as the color palettes and the dagger axe skin. Anything else that has a BP i skip buyiing with plat, and i still have over half of what i started with almost two months ago.

TL;DR: Get that weapon.

Edited by ruivoml

I'm personally trying to find it's niche that it rests in as we speak. Level 10 at the moment, and it seems it's shock AoE is the majority of it's draw, most Corpus I heavy charge in Venus needs two or three hits before it's down compared to the Dual Heat Sword's 1 at the same level, so...

Were they shielded?

Cause any weapon would require to eat through the shield before killing something.

And drop one charge dmg mod and it's all good.