Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My idea for Inaros rework

leachPrime

(please don't cringe XD. I tried my best. I left some numbers as x because I don't know how to balance things out). Feel free to disagree.

Passive- Inaros gains energy regeneration everytime he is hit by any type of damage including status for 10 seconds. 0.1 regeneration per hit. Capped at 10% energy regeneration per second. Passive timer refreshes upon hit.

1. Desiccation(tap)- Inaros sends out a wave of hot sand that deals heat and true damage. The area of the sand wave scales with ability range. The damage scales with equipped melee mods.

1. Desiccation(hold)- Becomes a raging sand storm that drags everything in it's path, pulling enemies and stunning them. Stripping enemies of their overguard. The ability is stopped when the hold is released or running out of energy. 

The flying speed scales with casting speed. The range scales with ability range. 

2. (Rename) (tap)- Inaros shoots out a sand projectile that corrodes his enemies' mind, turning them to his side, providing firepower, revive to Inaros and aura of additive damage reduction for (x)s. Maximum of 4 enemies. Allies will devide and share the damage reduction based on number of turned enemies. 4 enemies will provide full effect of damage reduction. After the limited time, they will fall to their death as it depletes 100% health.

(What I mean is if there is only one turned enemies and there are 4 players, each player will get 5%. If there are 2 turned enemies each player will get 10% and so on)

Full bonus of additive damage reduction- 20%(4 enemies won't provide 80%). The bonus on a warframe won't make its final reduction pass 95%.

Damage reduction and puppet damage scale with x% max armor(as ability strength)(direct strength will be taken into account). Duration scales with x% max health(as ability duration)(direct duration will be taken into account).

2.(Rename) (hold)- Inaros will pick up and devour an enemy that is unfortunate enough to stand in his way. While devouring, the lifted enemy will act as a shield, preventing all damage coming from where Inaros is facing. After devouring, the flesh of his enemies provide him with reload speed, attack speed, movement speed, sprint speed and casting speed for (x)s. Unfinished enemies are turned into his allies.

Devours 10% hp per second. Cover angle scales with ability range. Speed bonus and devoring rate scale with x% max armor(as ability strength)(direct strength will be taken into account) and x% max health(as ability duration)(direct duration will be taken into account)

3. (Rename)(subsume)- Inaros coats his weapons with hot sand adding extra hit with heat damage for a (x)s. Enemies hit have a chance to become glassed providing more damage.

Extra heat- x% of his final damage.
Glassed chance-10% of each attack(does not consider multishot)(does not consider the extra hit from ability)(only consider the one ammo used or one melee attack)(not aoe, only direct attack) capped at 30%.
Bonus damage on glassed enemies-100%(calculated after the extra hit)

Ability scales with x% max armor(as ability strength)(direct strength will be taken in to account)
x%max health(as ability duration)(direct duration will be taken into account)

4. ("Rename" Armor)- Inaros covers himself with ancient sand that hardens when summoned, providing himself and allies with immunity to all status effects(including knockdown and stagger), eximus ability damage, provide 6% health regenaration in x range for 60s. But only Inaros in this armor can cheat death once every 90s. All ememies that attack him will be splashed by hot sand, setting them on fire.

Ability scales with x%max armor(as ability strength)(direct strength will be taken into account)
x%max health(as ability duration)(direct duration will be taken into account) and
ability range. Fire damage scales with equipped melee mods.

1st augment: Enemies hit by sand storm will have their armor and shield stripped.

2nd augment: Turned enemies will perform objectives. Turning off alerm, activating life support when below 30%, defending target, reviving target, reviving allies, hacking holding cells and stealing enemies informations.

3rd augment: I cant think of it.

4th augment: Ability will auto cast itself at the start of the mission and whenever it runs out of time.

Feel free to comment, suggest and rebalance. I think I made him too op lol.

Edited by leachPrime

18 minutes ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

general should be fine

Can agree with most of this depending on how it would play

Just a second thread to compare heat inaros vs overguard inaros (if it may prosper ideas)

I think overguard is a bit overuse now. But it can also work because it is still a active playstyle. But my idea is to make him viable in high level missions. Like Voruna or Citrine, I'm going with a safe path. 

And the idea of ability strength and ability duration scale from max or modded health/armor should be really considered. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, leachPrime said:

(can I even post this here?)

I believe this should have gone in the Feedback area.

Passive- Inaros gains energy regeneration everytime he is hit by any type of damage including status for 10 seconds. 0.1 regeneration per hit. Capped at 10% energy regeneration per second. Passive timer refreshes upon hit.

I prefer his current passive, the "Restore 25% Max Health on Finishers" , its more useful overall, also, Given Inaros has no Shields, a Rage or Hunter Adrenaline benefits him far more as it scales with the damage he receives.
As for the Sarcophagus, i would love for the health drain thing to be affected by Melee mods like Pressure Point, Condition Overload, Elemental and Status Chance, maybe even Melee speed to increase the rate which it deals damage.

1. Desiccation(tap)- Inaros sends out a wave of hot sand that deals heat and true damage. The area of the sand wave scales with ability range. The damage scales with equipped melee mods.

1. Desiccation(hold)- Becomes a raging sand storm that drags everything in it's path, pulling enemies and stunning them. Stripping enemies of their overguard. The ability is stopped when the hold is released or running out of energy. 

The flying speed scales with casting speed. The range scales with ability range. 

So no more Blinding and opening enemies to Finishers for comboing with his 1st?

His 1st isnt bad, it just needs some improvements like removing the restriction to enemies needing to be facing you in order to be blinded and increasing the damage it deals.

Not fond of the SandStorm thing and the "Strips Overguard" made me chuckle.

2. (Rename) (tap)- Inaros shoots out a sand projectile that corrodes his enemies' mind, turning them to his side, providing firepower, revive to Inaros and aura of additive damage reduction for (x)s. Maximum of 4 enemies. Allies will devide and share the damage reduction based on number of turned enemies. 4 enemies will provide full effect of damage reduction. After the limited time, they will fall to their death as it depletes 100% health.

(What I mean is if there is only one turned enemies and there are 4 players, each player will get 5%. If there are 2 turned enemies each player will get 10% and so on)

Full bonus of additive damage reduction- 20%(4 enemies won't provide 80%). The bonus on a warframe won't make its final reduction pass 95%.

Damage reduction and puppet damage scale with x% max armor(as ability strength)(direct strength will be taken into account). Duration scales with x% max health(as ability duration)(direct duration will be taken into account).

2.(Rename) (hold)- Inaros will pick up and devour an enemy that is unfortunate enough to stand in his way. While devouring, the lifted enemy will act as a shield, preventing all damage coming from where Inaros is facing. After devouring, the flesh of his enemies provide him with reload speed, attack speed, movement speed, sprint speed and casting speed for (x)s. Unfinished enemies are turned into his allies.

This is pretty much a blend of Nekro's 4th and Revenant's 1st, theres too much happening here which makes it overkill, also, why another Tap/Hold function ability?

I would rather his 2nd ability be something that he could use to group up enemies for his 1st and 4th abilities to act on, as i have proposed some times before, maybe a Pit of Quicksand that draws enemies towards the center, staggering and dealing heat damage with procs.

Extra heat- x% of his final damage.
Glassed chance-10% of each attack(does not consider multishot)(does not consider the extra hit from ability)(only consider the one ammo used or one melee attack)(not aoe, only direct attack) capped at 30%.
Bonus damage on glassed enemies-100%(calculated after the extra hit)

Ability scales with x% max armor(as ability strength)(direct strength will be taken in to account)
x%max health(as ability duration)(direct duration will be taken into account)

Ononononono, this would be pretty OP, the ability deals an "Extra Hit" based on the weapon's final damage, we have seen what "Extra Hits" leads to with Xata's Whisper when Xaku was introduced, has a chance to double the damage you deal to enemies and has damage scaling? Also, this would abuse of DoubleDipping which is something i think DE should have removed from the game already.

4. ("Rename" Armor)- Inaros covers himself with ancient sand that hardens when summoned, providing himself and allies with immunity to all status effects(including knockdown and stagger), eximus ability damage, provide 6% health regenaration in x range for 60s. But only Inaros in this armor can cheat death once every 90s. All ememies that attack him will be splashed by hot sand, setting them on fire.

Ability scales with x%max armor(as ability strength)(direct strength will be taken into account)
x%max health(as ability duration)(direct duration will be taken into account) and
ability range. Fire damage scales with equipped melee mods.

Didnt your proposed 2nd ability already include some form of protection in the forum of Damage Reduction?

So you want damage absorption, Status Immunity, Health Regeneration, Death Cheating and Retaliation all in the same ability?

Big No No to the "Immunity" granted against Knockdowns and Stagger, last we need is another frame that promotes Braindead playstyle with AoE weapons.

You also made it scale with Armor/Health making building for Strength/Duration redundant. Just because Inaros can reach 10K health, doesnt mean that should be the norm, either you build for making your abilities useful or for being a Tank.

I honestly think I should have posted this on "Off topic". But I can't delete this now.

Feedbacks**

Also, wile you cant Delete it, you may use the "Report" and use the "This comment is okay, but I want to tell a moderator about it" to ask for a Moderator to move the topic or Delete it if necessary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I believe this should have gone in the Feedback area.

Thanks. I'm not used to using the forum.

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

I prefer his current passive, the "Restore 25% Max Health on Finishers" , its more useful overall, also, Given Inaros has no Shields, a Rage or Hunter Adrenaline benefits him far more as it scales with the damage he receives.
As for the Sarcophagus, i would love for the health drain thing to be affected by Melee mods like Pressure Point, Condition Overload, Elemental and Status Chance, maybe even Melee speed to increase the rate which it deals damage.

I wanted to give him a active playstyle. So I thought energy regeneration would be better. I agree he can use Rage or Hunter Adrenaline for energy regen, but my idea is to freeing up those slots for other mods. I also agree with Sarcophagus. It is his only unique ability in the game and making it actually scales would make it really good.

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

So no more Blinding and opening enemies to Finishers for comboing with his 1st?

For me, no. And many players don't know that it can be done. Why no? Because I have to interact again. But maybe that's probably me.

His 1st isnt bad, it just needs some improvements like removing the restriction to enemies needing to be facing you in order to be blinded and increasing the damage it deals.

Yeah that would make it good too.

Not fond of the SandStorm thing and the "Strips Overguard" made me chuckle.

I can honestly remove it entirely. But i'm not sure why it made you chucke.

This is pretty much a blend of Nekro's 4th and Revenant's 1st, theres too much happening here which makes it overkill, also, why another Tap/Hold function ability?

I can remove the damage reduction. Why another tap/hold? Well I didn't want to remove his devour thing. It's cool. But his old one holds me in one place for so long. How about this? I will remove his mind control thing.

I would rather his 2nd ability be something that he could use to group up enemies for his 1st and 4th abilities to act on, as i have proposed some times before, maybe a Pit of Quicksand that draws enemies towards the center, staggering and dealing heat damage with procs.

Nothing to disagree here.

we have seen what "Extra Hits" leads to with Xata's Whisper when Xaku was introduced, has a chance to double the damage you deal to enemies and has damage scaling?

I legit forgot about that. I can make it a only heat damage with extra hit removed. But what do you think about glass chance?

Didnt your proposed 2nd ability already include some form of protection in the forum of Damage Reduction?

Ok. What if I remove the damage reduction thing from 2nd?

So you want damage absorption, Status Immunity, Health Regeneration, Death Cheating and Retaliation all in the same ability?

I have to agree. I even had a second thought before I posted this. It's a bit too much. I would honestly remove eximus ability damage absorption, death cheating and retaliation. Status immunity and health regen should do just fine imo.

The reason I add health regen is to completely remove the idea of having Arcane grace and leaving that slot for more useful arcanes.

Big No No to the "Immunity" granted against Knockdowns and Stagger, last we need is another frame that promotes Braindead playstyle with AoE weapons.

Ok. I agree with AoE damage. But only weapons shouldn't be called braindead. AoE that deals damage are all braindead imo. Including abilities. Like Harrow with Gauss ability(i forgot the name)

So how about "Primed sure footed" that promotes all frames braindead playstyle with AoE weapons? No I'm not arguing with you. I honestly want to know how it should be handled.

You also made it scale with Armor/Health making building for Strength/Duration redundant.

Fair enough. But I've seen some MOBAs do this. Like a tank ability is scaled with his armor and health. So I thought it could be an idea. Ok so how about making a direct strength and duration modding stronger than shoving health and armor?

Just because Inaros can reach 10K health, doesnt mean that should be the norm

Why not that much health? Only he can reach that amount of health in the game. No other frames can. So imo, that is not the norm. 

either you build for making your abilities useful or for being a Tank

I would be back to the previous problem. Being tank and useless. And honestly I think just make him an ability frame.

3 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Also, wile you cant Delete it, you may use the "Report" and use the "This comment is okay, but I want to tell a moderator about it" to ask for a Moderator to move the topic or Delete it if necessary.

Thanks. I really didn't know I could do it. Appreciate that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...