Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

add stock to Chipper’s shop

sunderthefirmament

Once you hit max rank in the Kahl syndicate, I think Chipper should start selling bundles of stock in exchange for star chart resources, credits, etc. 

Why?  The Kahl missions are aging poorly. The only changes we are likely to get are more bugs introduced accidentally due to Warframe’s entrenched coding complexities. Having a way to safely ignore the Kahl missions and burn through resources we no longer have much use for would take the sting out of these inevitable bugs, and spare players from the monotony that is Kahl.  Yes, Kahl’s content did get some QOL that made it less torturous, but there’s still a ton that needs to be done to make it palatable, and I don’t see DE devoting the necessary resources to do this. I imagine that introducing stock to Chipper’s shop would be simple by comparison. Use Acrithis’ rank locked wares as an example. 

4 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

This is not the right way to go. Kahl missions DONT ROTATE unless you complete them so you wouldnt be able to ignore them either way.

Why do we play Kahl's missions?  I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I play them for stock.  I do not play them because I find them enjoyable.  If stock were added to Chipper's shop at rank 5 (by which point any player would have experienced each mission at least once), then they could keep getting things from Chipper's shop by purchasing stock with star chart resources as I suggest, by playing Kahl's missions again and again, or some combination of the two.  If my suggestion were implemented, I would happily burn through star chart resources just so I would never need to play a Kahl mission again.

I haven't missed a Kahl mission yet, so maybe I'm missing something here and the shard only appears if you've completed the previous week.  But if that's the case, then simply remove that requirement.

7 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Why do we play Kahl's missions?  I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I play them for stock.  I do not play them because I find them enjoyable.  If stock were added to Chipper's shop at rank 5 (by which point any player would have experienced each mission at least once), then they could keep getting things from Chipper's shop by purchasing stock with star chart resources as I suggest, by playing Kahl's missions again and again, or some combination of the two.  If my suggestion were implemented, I would happily burn through star chart resources just so I would never need to play a Kahl mission again.

I haven't missed a Kahl mission yet, so maybe I'm missing something here and the shard only appears if you've completed the previous week.  But if that's the case, then simply remove that requirement.

Youre missing the core thing. The mission will never rotate and will never give you stock if you dont complete it. so if you dont wanna do prison break, you will always have prison break there week after week and 0 stock. What we need is the missions rotating normally even if you dont do them, and then maybe we can start discussing more items for stocks or whatever. If we just do what you said we could maybe ignore the missions, but there would still be that one you didnt complete for all eternity and it would never change to anything you like.

4 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Youre missing the core thing. The mission will never rotate and will never give you stock if you dont complete it. so if you dont wanna do prison break, you will always have prison break there week after week and 0 stock, which makes your suggestion useless. What we need is the missions rotating normally even if you dont do them, and then maybe we can start discussing more items for stocks or whatever.

and you missed HIS point,
he doesn't want new items that COST stock

he wants new items that GIVE stock instead of having to do kahl's mission.

12 minutes ago, EDM774 said:

and you missed HIS point,
he doesn't want new items that COST stock

he wants new items that GIVE stock instead of having to do kahl's mission.

Did not. Just saying that if missions dont rotate, you will still be blocked in terms of content. So you could cheat your way to stock, but would have literally nothing to play even if you wanted to, because the only mission there would be the one you dont want to play. Not to mention it makes much more sense to fix kahl missions and get stock from them than just abandon them in their crappy state and add a cheat around. If kahl missions are good and rotate, nobody will mind playing them every week and we will not need any cheat around.

1 hour ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Youre missing the core thing. The mission will never rotate and will never give you stock if you dont complete it. so if you dont wanna do prison break, you will always have prison break there week after week and 0 stock. What we need is the missions rotating normally even if you dont do them, and then maybe we can start discussing more items for stocks or whatever. If we just do what you said we could maybe ignore the missions, but there would still be that one you didnt complete for all eternity and it would never change to anything you like.

I don’t care if it doesn’t rotate. I’ve played these missions to death by now. There’s nothing new for me here. It’s just a chore, so I’m requesting a way to skip it. 

1 hour ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Not to mention it makes much more sense to fix kahl missions and get stock from them than just abandon them in their crappy state and add a cheat around. If kahl missions are good and rotate, nobody will mind playing them every week and we will not need any cheat around.

I think the work needed to make them good is just too much to ask from DE. They can’t even be bothered to fix baseline QOL issues like how the jetpack resets Kahl’s sprint toggle.  The reason why I’m asking for a way to purchase stock is because DE has shown they are capable of adding shop after shop after shop to the game. I don’t think adding some buyable stock to Chipper’s shop would take anywhere near as much developer resources as reworking Kahl from the ground up, which is arguably what he needs for his content to be enjoyable on a weekly basis. 

15 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I think the work needed to make them good is just too much to ask from DE. They can’t even be bothered to fix baseline QOL issues like how the jetpack resets Kahl’s sprint toggle.  The reason why I’m asking for a way to purchase stock is because DE has shown they are capable of adding shop after shop after shop to the game. I don’t think adding some buyable stock to Chipper’s shop would take anywhere near as much developer resources as reworking Kahl from the ground up, which is arguably what he needs for his content to be enjoyable on a weekly basis. 

Well in that sense yeah. But Kahl doesnt need rework from ground up at all. Its like 25% rework max. Hell, most people would be happy enough if they could just play the kahl mission they like the most and thats like 0 effort coding. Anyway, you buy all there is for stock pretty early and then its just the shards left so why not just have a shop for shards? But yeah, dont take me wrong, Ill take any help I can get. So if devs decide they go your way, I wont complain.

10 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

Well in that sense yeah. But Kahl doesnt need rework from ground up at all. Its like 25% rework max. Hell, most people would be happy enough if they could just play the kahl mission they like the most and thats like 0 effort coding. Anyway, you buy all there is for stock pretty early and then its just the shards left so why not just have a shop for shards?

That would be fine by me, depending on what it costs. I’m okay with the limited shards per week, as it’s a way for DE to keep people logging in. So I don’t think I would expect DE to just add a shop where we can buy unlimited shards with in game resources. 

I’m making the Chipper stock suggestion because I think it’s realistic. DE could put small bundles of stock on sale with varying costs, like Ticker’s debt bond shop. It would keep players logging in, give us another use for older resources, and let us skip Kahl’s weekly chore if we are tired of him. For players that aren’t tired of Kahl, they could of course obtain stock as normal. 

13 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

That would be fine by me, depending on what it costs. I’m okay with the limited shards per week, as it’s a way for DE to keep people logging in. So I don’t think I would expect DE to just add a shop where we can buy unlimited shards with in game resources. 

I’m making the Chipper stock suggestion because I think it’s realistic. DE could put small bundles of stock on sale with varying costs, like Ticker’s debt bond shop. It would keep players logging in, give us another use for older resources, and let us skip Kahl’s weekly chore if we are tired of him. For players that aren’t tired of Kahl, they could of course obtain stock as normal. 

Ye second ticker would be good. Im already skipping the friggin boring fortuna bounties.

7 hours ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

could just add khal ran missions similar to zarimon and have 3 stock objectives for each or all of them

Missions and bounties (if that’s what you’re suggesting) take a lot more developer resources to create than putting an already existing item in an already existing shop. 

That’s why I’m requesting stock in a shop and not the absolutely massive list of changes that would be needed to make Kahl polished and enjoyable. 

So instead of having a reason to play khalframe you want to bypass khal to get a resource khal is supposed to get in his mission via objectives to obtain items you only need once, twice or three times or the archon shard

The archon shard that you bypass the archon hunt by playing the khal missions that your asking to bypass for basically free stock that no one is obtaining because thy are sitting waiting for the tenno to help with something or vice versa

Or khal can actually have some fun missions to get stock from, an example khal wars battlefront a reason for conclave to exist

Even a reason for more stock meaning more "shop" items even steel essence or vitus essence would do better

20 minutes ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

Or khal can actually have some fun missions to get stock from, an example khal wars battlefront a reason for conclave to exist

On 2023-08-24 at 6:09 AM, sunderthefirmament said:

Missions and bounties (if that’s what you’re suggesting) take a lot more developer resources to create than putting an already existing item in an already existing shop. 

That’s why I’m requesting stock in a shop and not the absolutely massive list of changes that would be needed to make Kahl polished and enjoyable. 

What you're suggesting would be massively expensive.  What I'm suggesting wouldn't.

1 hour ago, sunderthefirmament said:

What you're suggesting would be massively expensive.  What I'm suggesting wouldn't.

What your suggesting is a free pass. What im suggesting is to flesh out the gigabytes being wasted on a single gameplay opportunity to add more content that players consistently complain about such as an infinite fun mission for multiple or singular players

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

an example khal wars battlefront a reason for conclave to exist

8 hours ago, (XBOX)Mastermitchel89 said:

What your suggesting is a free pass. What im suggesting is to flesh out the gigabytes being wasted on a single gameplay opportunity to add more content that players consistently complain about such as an infinite fun mission for multiple or singular players

To be honest, I would love it if Kahl were something I could actively enjoy and look forward to each week.  I provided a ton of feedback about Break Narmer missions when they were new.  DE did improve the QOL there a bit, but the underlying structure is just so fundamentally flawed that to make it palatable would take the sort of overhaul that DE very rarely, if ever, performs.

I don't disagree with you.  I'd love it if it were fun and complex and fleshed out and had progression and variety, choices, etc.  But that's just not going to happen, so asking for it isn't all that useful. 

My suggestion, while cynical and a bit sad, is a lot more realistic, and would at least effectively remove the chore that is Kahl from people who can't stand it but still want the shards.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived