Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New War

My son(who is only 10) started the New War in my absence and I'm Gutted as I can't get back to my normal Warframes now.

I was unaware of the warnings as my son started the quest but have attempted to finish the quest. Unfortunately it is not possible as when struck by an Archon 90% of my health is depleted, while using recover I'm hit again and it's all over. I don't want to give up on the game as I've just reached rank 12. I don't want to start from the beginning again but if that is the only option I'm left with I will take no further part in what up until now has been a fantastic gaming experience.

Kind regards

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)AceSatyr9995695 said:

My son(who is only 10) started the New War in my absence and I'm Gutted as I can't get back to my normal Warframes now.

I was unaware of the warnings as my son started the quest but have attempted to finish the quest. Unfortunately it is not possible as when struck by an Archon 90% of my health is depleted, while using recover I'm hit again and it's all over. I don't want to give up on the game as I've just reached rank 12. I don't want to start from the beginning again but if that is the only option I'm left with I will take no further part in what up until now has been a fantastic gaming experience.

Kind regards

Your only option is NOT to just give up and quit, but if that's all you want to do then that's your choice.   There have been many people who have struggled with the Archons and were able to overcome their issues with the help of people here on the Forums and through the ubiquitous videos on YouTube that can more than likely give you the extra edge in the Archon fights to enable you to defeat them.  But if you don't want to take a little effort and find out best ways to deal with the Archons then you basically wasted your time and everyone else's here in the Forums by making this post in the first place.  You do whatever you think is best for you but please don't play the victim unless you are willing to at least see what advice people can give you to help you complete the New War Quest and continue enjoying the game that you have already described as a "fantastic experience!"  There is so much more to discover after the New War that is cool and entertaining, The Zariman is a breathe of fresh air that is arguably one of the best additions to Warframe in terms of sound and graphic design in quite some time.   I am fairly confident that if this old queen was able to finish the New War, you can too, so don't give up!

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

20 minutes ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

I find it interesting and funny how many players seems to get new war started by another person. Seen posts about someone's friend or brother starting new war when they were away.

None of this would be a thing if the game was properly designed. The hard lock makes absolutely no sense. Its just a quest liek any other. Besides, even if it was somehow special, it still wouldnt warrant hard lock.

14 minutes ago, MaxTunnerX said:

None of this would be a thing if the game was properly designed. The hard lock makes absolutely no sense. Its just a quest liek any other. Besides, even if it was somehow special, it still wouldnt warrant hard lock.

agree with that. I'm glad I got that guest completed and even though it could be maybe cool to replay I won't because it again locks you in and there were couple parts I struggled with.

Wonder if they'll change it in future since it's definitely big issue for many players. They should also thing about tuning difficulty. Maybe make it so after couple tries section gets easier.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

agree with that. I'm glad I got that guest completed and even though it could be maybe cool to replay I won't because it again locks you in and there were couple parts I struggled with.

Wonder if they'll change it in future since it's definitely big issue for many players. They should also thing about tuning difficulty. Maybe make it so after couple tries section gets easier.

I agree, up until the Archon the game play was challenging but playable.  Like you have said, after x amount of attempts maybe lower the difficulty a little?

Well after further attempts it's officially a massacre.  There is absolutely no way I'm ever going complete this.  I don't know what I'm playing with as I didn't start the quest.  I've run around for 6/7/8 mins but as soon as I take a hit, it's all over.  https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtcbbYqBu8z5ijkP4qzBNliyW66V?e=SoSXzf

I've watched the videos on youtube and they all seem able to take a hit and survive. unfortunately my man can't take a hit.  No amount of skill can compensate for the lack of survivability.  No problems getting to the Archon stage but this section is unplayable for me.

If you have any ideas on how I can overcome this they would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)AceSatyr9995695 said:

Well after further attempts it's officially a massacre.  There is absolutely no way I'm ever going complete this.  I don't know what I'm playing with as I didn't start the quest.  I've run around for 6/7/8 mins but as soon as I take a hit, it's all over.  https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtcbbYqBu8z5ijkP4qzBNliyW66V?e=SoSXzf

I've watched the videos on youtube and they all seem able to take a hit and survive. unfortunately my man can't take a hit.  No amount of skill can compensate for the lack of survivability.  No problems getting to the Archon stage but this section is unplayable for me.

If you have any ideas on how I can overcome this they would be greatly appreciated.

**Spoiler Alert!**

OK so first thing you need to become comfortable ROLLING  as it will keep you alive more than anything.  Next you need to make sure you pick an Archon that is less obnoxious to kill so I recommend either the Owl or the Wolf first.  If you pick the Owl, then just run around a lot and take cover behind trees alot and when she screams and makes her big bubble, throw a smoke grenade and you will be able to enter the bubble and have a few seconds to get some free shots off on her while inside the bubble.  Rinse and Repeat all the while making sure you don't stand in the electric ground she tends to put out.  Just keep your distance and take shots at her and eventually you will beat her down.

The Wolf is similar but you need to pay attention to his pattern as you will need to time your rolls when he's about to pounce on you so you wont get shredded.    If you get a Heat status proc, which you will often, then use your Healing potion thing and it will remove the Heat proc as it removes all Status Procs as well as heal you enough to keep rolling along!  When he does the Where's Waldo Wolf thingy all you need to do is activate your Mapping Tool Widget thing and it will show you the real Wolf.  Also the Real Wolf will be holding his signature Dual Daggers (Nepheri) in his hands to tell him apart from the fakes.  You can throw a smoke bomb thing and get a couple of shots off and then roll away, rinse repeat. 

Leave the Snake for last and you wont have to worry about her, as you will get a HUGE BOOST from an old friend that will make it trivial so really you only need to deal with 2 Archons with the wimpy Drifter. 

Once again if this old Queer can finish the New War, ANYONE can!  It took me many tries so don't give up!

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

Archived