Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Gas, electricity, heavy attacks and specters break Zephyr's tornadoes too quickly and they stop redirecting damage. Please make them indestructible

VibingCat

This is not a bug but a hidden feature in that Zephyr's tornadoes stop redirecting damage when absorbing too much damage, equal to 500.000 non-critical damage. When using gas, the threshold is reached almost instantly, and there are other ways to cause this, especially specters, electricity and heavy attacks.

• Reproducible: any weapons with gas and enough DPS will do this, 100% of the times, even more quickly when several enemies are pulled by the tornadoes because this will generate more gas clouds damaging the tornadoes themselves. In this case specifically, I have used incarnon Furis;
  • Recasting the ability creates tornadoes that work, but the gas clouds will simply break them immediately once again;
  • This pseudo-bug problem has been around forever;
  • It doesn't matter whether I'm hosting or not;
  • The video was recorded after today's hotfix.

Solution: remove the damage cap of the tornadoes so that they cannot break anymore. The issue is not just about gas, also specters consistently oneshot the tornadoes in the steel path, and there wouldn't be any difference if their health were only ten times higher.

Edited by VibingCat
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Zaghyr said:

This is definitely frustrating, and is the primary reason I never use Gas Damage on weapons with Zephyr, dealing with nado breaks wastes too much time.

Right. Otherwise it would have been one of the few cases where gas is actually viable in the game.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, VibingCat said:

Dear developers, will we get a fix, please? I am willing to share more information about this problem if needed.

DE knows about this and continues to choose to not do anything about it. Not only is Pablo aware of this, it has been individually reported many, many times, and at least on one occasion someone from DE actually responded to a thread about Tornado not redirecting damage, saying that this would be investigated - and then he never commented ever again, after being told by the higher ups that they have no intention of fixing Tornado, presumably.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, VibingCat said:

Unlike what today's hotfix states, this bug is still present and unchanged. The tornadoes break instantly with gas damage.

Applies to doing too much damage with anything and not just gas*
In this update what they actually fixed was tornadoes completely disappearing.

1 hour ago, Ryza said:

Applies to doing too much damage with anything and not just gas*
In this update what they actually fixed was tornadoes completely disappearing.

Quoting the hotfix: "Fixed Zephyr’s Tornadoes having an unintended damage cap of 500k".

The cap is still there, causing the fact they stop redirecting damage. Yes, gas is only one of the many ways to achieve that, probably the fastest one. 

19 minutes ago, VibingCat said:

Quoting the hotfix: "Fixed Zephyr’s Tornadoes having an unintended damage cap of 500k".

The cap is still there, causing the fact they stop redirecting damage. Yes, gas is only one of the many ways to achieve that, probably the fastest one. 

At least mention any semblance of electric too. But what I meant was that tornadoes previously would disappear entirely because of that cap because of elec/gas or something like contagion. The original video doesn't include that happening where tornadoes can just be deleted entirely.

2 minutes ago, Ryza said:

At least mention any semblance of electric too. But what I meant was that tornadoes previously would disappear entirely because of that cap because of elec/gas or something like contagion. The original video doesn't include that happening where tornadoes can just be deleted entirely.

Yep, also electricity leads to this loss of functionality, undoubtedly. I'd heard about tornadoes disappearing but it hasn't ever happened to me, mostly because on missions I avoid loadouts that break tornadoes. And when they stop redirecting damage anyway, there's no reason to keep shooting at them (that's what would make them vanish, right?). I imagine that if the damage-cap were removed all of these problems would be solved forever.

• VibingCat changed the title to Gas, electricity, heavy attacks and specters break Zephyr's tornadoes too quickly and they stop redirecting damage. Please make them indestructible

It seems that the unique interaction with gas and electric has also been "patched", which I really don't understand why they just now decided to do this on an unused warframe even though it has been around for such a long time.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

It seems that the unique interaction with gas and electric has also been "patched", which I really don't understand why they just now decided to do this on an unused warframe even though it has been around for such a long time.

Right. Nerfing underused warframes who are already punished by timeless bugs has the logical and expectable outcome of pushing players to popular and overused warframes, thus limiting variety even further. Moreover, why introduce a new weak warframe when a simple fix of an old one would have a better effect? 

• Like 1