Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opinion on boss fights

Gumstain

30 minutes ago, TeaHands said:

I try not to get all "git gud" with this game because I understand that not everybody has the time I have to trial and error bosses, especially with the way DE can pad out a mission leading up to said fight. But I agree with you overall, I would also be fine with giving players a "win button" if it meant DE got to make a boss as unforgiving/engaging as possible.

Yeah, fair enough. Normally I’m all for accessibility, I guess I just get irritated when people try and say the builds and loadouts that are designed to turn the game off are something they have to use and then want the game to cater to them.

Like, I wouldn’t use the exact same options that players who need the help would and expect the game to treat those options differently when the intent behind the design of the build/loadout is pretty clear for the content being done; something would need to be changed while giving more build options before I use it, and if DE’s simplifying fights because they’re being designed around players who one-shot everything, then I lose out on potentially neat engagements if I don’t end up dealing with silly systems like DA

Archived