Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reactant Needs to Go people are quitting

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

17 hours ago, (PSN)ApoX95 said:

totally get that as another fellow console-tenno - because this issue seems to be the worst when I'm host compared to when I just join another one that is probably a PC host. if the host is a PC player then reactants dropping like crazy - if I'm the host then enemy spawns are excessively low and the reactant spawns are even lower.

Ive picked up on this too, i feel like theyre the main ones who want things to remain the way they are cause most people i talk to on playstation are fine with reducing the needed pick ups, removing them, or doing the squad pick up thing a lot are suggesting. They often want it to happen

Im in favor of the less pick ups thing the most, to about 1 or 3 reactant cause it changes things up the least and still keeps the mechanic in there for the issue they be having with afk players. But all are fine with me right now, besides doing nothing to them

Edited by (PSN)Frost_Nephilim

On 2023-09-17 at 2:41 AM, (PSN)Frost_Nephilim said:

If youre on PC then this probably isnt going to bother you as much due too your higher spawn rates creating higher drop rates but here on console, Its so common when i play survival missions that people quit because reactant absolutely refuses to drop and forces everyone to be in 1 room. People have their time wasted and no 1 is happy

This is objectively WORSE than having just 1 player go afk, for the reason that its affecting newer players the most! Which normally is a big No No, they are the last players whos experience you want ruin! Im older and it ruins my experience having to tell everyone "No you guys cant run around and have fun, you must play this just like a defense mission and stay in one room! Do it now!!!" Like im their dad putting them in timeout. And yes i said like a defense mission or mobile defense. The beauty of Survival is you used to be able to just run around and get kills, you'd only camp when you plan to go into extremely dangerous levels. Now you gotta camp level 1 and let a nuke frame take over while you sit there playing with your thumbs. Which stands out more on console with less spawns

Remove it, reduce the pickups to 1, or just let people be afk. I really dont mind afk players this much. Reactant is sucking the fun out of the game. Let survival become Survival again

Generally, as a PSN player (convert from PC)I agree. The spawn rates can be pathetic and in some missions non-existent . Interception can be very frustrating, because only a specific 10 reactant drops, nothing more. So if your squad kills too fast - you get nothing! If you spawn in later than everyone else, and they have picked up some reactant - you wont get the missing amount - just the joy of playing without opening a relic. So satisfying... 

I personally dont have an issue with relics, but with the drop rates. If DE would make more than enough drop, instead of making the missions so stingy, it would help.

On the point of being forced to huddle in one room - I like that forcing because before, people came into the mission hoarding all the kills and rewards to themselves, and would get mad if you entered "their area". Some of those old time players would be vocal about wanting to be alone, calling players who came near them "leeches" and telling them to find their own area! You would look to play with others, but you find yourself chasing someone from room to room! They would go far away and hope to be left alone. I think that behavior spurred DE to force people to play together.

• Like 1

On 2023-09-24 at 6:55 AM, (PSN)magusat999 said:

think that behavior spurred DE to force people to play together.

I agree, but i Think DE should consider the alternative idea of everyone not needing to be together all the time. Id take universal pickups rather than this extreme force of staying together. Like you said with players jumping around to have fun, theres no good excuse to have us have to demand them to stop enjoying their self and stick to my room where im taking 90% of all the kills.

The stuff is supposed to not encourage afk but everytime i gotta force people to stay together, someone always ends up afking. 

Ive felt it myself where im trying super hard to get kills but i have a mesa dominating to the point where i just gave up and just sat and watch. Left at 5minute mark as boredom took over

Edited by (PSN)Frost_Nephilim