Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lock on for melee combat

(PSN)Selenator365

I have played this game off & on for a few years now and the look & combat are very good mostly the ranged combat is better but sword swings are pretty cool too.  The only thing that is missing & puts me off is not being able to lock on . I have tried the different settings on my PS4 there's one for melee to follow the camera,melee to target enemies which I can't tell if it works or not because I follow them with my sword when they're that close anyway and a setting for camera to follow the melee which just doesn't seem to work at all . I turned the other 2 settings off because I was looking for a way to lock on & found a conversation from like 6 years ago where someone suggested the op to use camera follow the melee as a type of soft lock which would be good if it actually worked but no matter what I find myself having to alternate between pushing on the right stick to keep up with enemies and pushing circle to strike with the sword.  There's an option to use the fire button as the melee button but that just isn't for me it doesn't feel right on this game.  I have seen people say the samething about doing cool sword attacks but enemies moving off to the side or trying to do a jump attack just to jump past them . The slam does damage but not as cook looking as if you slammed on a enemy and did damage to surrounding enemies.  This is the first time I have been on here so I hope this isn't removed for not being in the right place . I may not know about the lore or everything as a lot of other people on here but a way to really target or lock onto enemies especially in melee combat because the ranged combat seems find to me maybe others would like a lock on for ranged too I don't know but not having a way to keep track of a close enemy in melee is what puts me off & from what I found when searching for a way to lock on it puts others off also.

• Like 1

There is a lock on in Duviri and it is annoying as hell. For starters is should only enable on R (PC), but for some reason it also does it on X (interact).

Lock on is great for singular big enemies (which WF does not have) provided that the camera work is maching (with very quick enemies it fails even in FROM SOFTWARE games). Warframe does not have many of those encounters and those it does have lock on is useless (and camera fails 90% of the time).

Lock on is a console thingy but i do not get it. Controller is so much more accurate than mouse+keyboard in melee action combat, why do you need lock on as well?

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 2

I hate lock on for melee. Even Camera lock on sucks. I get motion sickness from camera lock on. Still annoys me playing games like Kingdom Hearts. I understand melee lock on helps with people who has problems with depth perception in games. But there also should be a way to disable it altogether. Luckily warframe doesn't have melee auto target.

• Like 1

lock on for from software games is actually quite the helpful QoL, but on Warframe it feels janky as well and annoying sometimes (but mostly because it shares the same key with reload, so depending on which weapon the game chooses to 'main' currently, it can mess up your plan.

I wouldn't mind the feature if it had a completely separate key (like one of the L3/R3 buttons for FS games) but in warframe I don't think that feature fits in very well. in Duviri maybe although again, I think it's kinda confusing sometimes, but certainly not in WF core gameplay?

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 2023-09-17 at 6:10 PM, Zakkhar said:

There is a lock on in Duviri and it is annoying as hell. For starters is should only enable on R (PC), but for some reason it also does it on X (interact).

Lock on is great for singular big enemies (which WF does not have) provided that the camera work is maching (with very quick enemies it fails even in FROM SOFTWARE games). Warframe does not have many of those encounters and those it does have lock on is useless (and camera fails 90% of the time).

Lock on is a console thingy but i do not get it. Controller is so much more accurate than mouse+keyboard in melee action combat, why do you need lock on as well?

2024, still not fixed even if you bind the camera lock to another button, it's still hard-coded on "x", which interupts when you're trying to interact with something.

• Like 1