The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Slash Dash is practically worthless above a certain enemy level, because of instant death not because of damage

Agall

On 2023-11-22 at 10:49 AM, Redrigoth said:

Use adaptation and get 1200 armor(full umbral set and archon shard maybe) for 98% damage reduction. that might help

Its not enough, you'll get 1 shotted through multiple 99% DRs once you're past lvl 1000 or such. Even toxin clouds.

On 2023-11-21 at 11:33 PM, Yasha-7HS said:

Found this thread randomly looking at some bugs. 
This is something that I've brought up multiple years ago, many times. Hilariously, Wrathful advance which is better in literally every way even when subsumed has full immunity. Voruna's 2(Fangs of Raksh I believe?) also has full immunity and without depending on a melee weapon can practically delete enemies at any level. 

Slash dash can't even do reasonable damage without exploiting incarnon passives, and can't keep you alive as a gap closer. It ironically makes you more likely to die than just bullet jumping over and blocking, it builds less combo and you're more likely to get knocked down. Honestly, with one mod you get further, faster than slash dash with a ton of range and energy does. 
It's crazy how bad the ability is even for new players, and the only good damage strategy it has is spending energy at a genuinely insane rate by casting and immediately cancelling against one enemy, with the functional best melees in the game that do more damage with light attacks for 0 energy. 

Wrathful advance is nice, I don't like the uptime and close range requirements of it though.

What I've found so far as the best option since making this thread is to use Unairu's immunity with Slash Dash. So, you're proccing the 4 second immunity before Slash Dash, then use the shield gate window to hop back in Operator. Its taking advantage of the fact that you're not shield immune to give yourself a short window to break Slash Dash and hop back in operator.

Regarding exploiting incarnon passives, there's so many of them. Including one I'd rather not mention, but I imagine its been figured out by now, where BR+gladiator on an incarnon melee will passively apply to Exalted Blade. So, if you run both [Surging Dash] and [Chromatic Blade], you can maintain 12x220 on Chromatic Exalted Blade with orange crits.

• Like 1