Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wacky Kuva Zarr Build Theorycrafting (Mathmatecians Wanted)

Obe-Ron-Kenobi

Question

Hello there!

I've got a Kuva Zarr build I'm interested in making but am looking for some advice before I go ahead and make it. I've been running Primary Exhilarate recently on my 60% Toxic Zarr to make it more of a utility weapon to surprising success (since the base damage is high enough to still do plenty of damage without an acolyte arcane) and I want to lean more into that status utility.

The issue I'm encountering, and need some help on, is that the impact status is still relatively inconsistent. I am wondering if it is worth running an impact progenitor instead as I still intend to run viral damage alongside it but I am unsure how to calculate how much more often I will be proccing impact with a 60% impact Zarr, 60/60 mod, Galvanized aptitude, Hammer Shot and Primed Cryo Rounds.

Additionally, with Critical Delay and a 60% impact Zarr is it more worth it to run Internal Bleeding over Hunter Munitions if I have no outside source of crit chance?

I know this isn't super meta but if you're good at math and have some time I'd appreciate a breakdown on what this will be doing before I go and make a new Zarr. Thanks everybody!

1 answer to this question

i generally dont like interacting with large aoe cause i find it boring, but this seems interesting.

youre gonna run into at least two issues right off the bat: the first is that if you use max rank 60/60 mods for viral, youll end up with way more viral than impact on the explosion(if you use a 60% impact progenitor). with hammer shot, max rank 60/60 mods, and an impact progenitor, youre only gonna have a 17.05% chance of proccing impact per status effect. you can get around this by downranking them to reduce the ratio of viral, but that lwers your status chance. the second problem is that iirc, galvanized aptitude doesnt apply to explosions.

for the internal bleeding vs hunter munitions, hm is probably better. unless you can get impact to ~50% of your total damage, i think internal bleeding is worse, evem considering the doubled chance due to low fire rate.

you *might* have better luck using the kuva tonkor, since it still has like 30 rounds in reserve, compared the kuva zarr's 10 rounds total, but the decreased blast radius, the reload between every shot, and the additional status types in the explosion might complicate that. tenet envoy and plasmor might also be decent choices due to larger reserves. might also have luck with a weapon that deals forced impact procs, such as chakkhurr.

i could also be wrong about all of this.

• Like 1