Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lecta's Regular Attack Range

Duralumin

The Lecta's visible range on its regular attack  does not match up with it's actual range.

In fact, the actual range is INCREDIBLY short. I don't own any of the daggers ('cause they're useless), but I imagine they share a similar range with the Lecta.

It needs a big range buff; as the animation for it suggests.

Edited by Duralumin

The Lecta's visible range does not match up with it's actual range.

In fact, the actual range is INCREDIBLY short. I don't own any of the daggers ('cause they're useless), but I imagine they share a similar range with the Lecta.

It needs a big range buff; as the animation for it suggests.

Actually yes the Lecta's range is pretty much same as the range of the daggers like ceramic dagger, dark dagger and heat dagger.

The Lecta has bad hit issues right now regardless of range; I had to stick Reach on it before I could use it because it does help with actually registering hits on the enemy.  Stack that on top of horrible damage and a wonky third attack animation that is ruined with speed mods, this weapon is among the worst, if not the worst I've ever used.

I think that if we're going to have whip weapons, it would be nice to have them work differently from other melee weapons such as daggers and swords. Lecta feels a lot like a standard bladed weapon. The animations are great, the sound effects are nice and it has a really cool unique whip design. But the gameplay part still feels a lot like that of a bladed weapon.

The Glaive and Kestrel are two examples of weapons that work differently from swords because although you *can* use them as "swords" you also get the option to throw them at a distance. I feel like the whip is missing something like that. It would be nice if it could do something that only flexible whips can do. So I thought about something.

The idea is to allow the whip to deal damage in a wide arc while you are holding the key to charge the attack. So your warframe would attack constantly and quickly at different directions while building momentum. DE could disable or reduce movement while charging, turning the whip into a defensive melee weapon, or they could leave movement enabled, which would allow players do deal small damage around them with the whip while moving. Once the charging is done (probably a long one), you can let go of the key any time you want and the whip will do a single stronger attack pointed at where you're aiming. This gives the weapon a different gameplay from swords, because you can use it to disperse continuous damage to multiple targets while charging. It also makes it versatile, because you can still use the charge attack against stronger single targets.

The big downside of this idea is that it would probably require new animations for an already new weapon. But it could be worth it.