The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Teshin needs to shut up about excavators

Cross667

While I appreciate the changes already made to Teshin's lines with the hint transmissions toggle, it really is not enough. Just finished a solo SP Circuit run, and my last mission was Excavation. When enemies can take down an excavator in 2-3 shots, I really, really don't want to hear Teshin telling me that its "about to be destroyed" or "I allowed it to be destroyed". I KNOW. I am well aware that it's going to die. I heard some variation of Teshin warning and shaming me no less than 20 times in a single mission. Why are these lines not counted as a hint transmission? I'd rather not change my sound settings every single time I go in and out of circuit, so please, for my sanity, allow these to be turned off with Hint Transmissions toggle.

• Like 5

I kinda wanted to tell you to turn off hint transmissions. Too bad it didnt work for you. I think its because the line isnt really a hint (like explaining a mission) but rather a reaction to something happening that you should know. Id be all for a new button that would work with these as well. It would be sometimes detrimental, but its on your own risk so why not. Hint for useless mission info like now, alerts or whatever you call them for important info that you also dont want to hear.

My friends and I refer to excavators we drop deliberately to draw enemies away in later Steel Circuit stages as "distractors" (to rhyme with "extractors", because it's harder to make the joke with "excavators"). Teshin refuses to acknowledge this and continues to lecture us in a disappointed tone... and sometimes one of us (generally me) will remark petulantly, "It's called tactics, Teshin! And we learned it from watching you!"

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MaxTunnerX said:

but rather a reaction to something happening that you should know.

Funny because if you disable hint dialog you don't get lines like "It's the grineer" anymore which aren't much of a hint but rather reaction about enemies coming your way.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, (PSN)IdoThea said:

Funny because if you disable hint dialog you don't get lines like "It's the grineer" anymore which aren't much of a hint but rather reaction about enemies coming your way.

Lotus: "There's a large security force headed your way." *pause* "It's the Grineer."

Operator: *looks around at the Grineer tileset on the Grineer-held planet of Sedna, where they've already been fighting Grineer * "I mean, I wouldn't have expected it to be Corpus, Infested, or Sentients here to start with, but... thanks for the heads-up, I guess?"

• Like 4