The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Can't see transparent items

MaunoMat0

Ever since the update with the enhanced damage numbers thingy, I can't see sh*t when it comes to transparent items like Kaithe Race checkpoints, K-Drive race checkpoints and probably ton of other stuff I get annoyed about but can't recall right now.

In Duviri they are practically invisible unless you are on the last mission step and the whole world is lit up.

They are so dim that you are better off navigating via the mini map, that means hitting walls and other obstacles.

Also some tile sets have had their lighting changed to a point where you can't see anything but a blinding light, especially around spotlights/god rays.

I've tried to fiddle around a little bit with the graphics setting but haven't found anything obvious, bloom and all the extra effects are all turned off just like they were before the update.

It's a bit on the extreme side and causes major strain on the eyes as you already have a ton of other stuff you should be focusing on instead of squinting for some race checkpoint.

I think a screenshot would be nice to see there isn't a bug at work here but yeah I agree some areas are burnt as hell since the graphics update to the point it's tiring for the eyes (looking at you Fass cambion drift)... and yeah on circuit it's very hard to see Octavia's 3rd ability on the ground as an exemple.

Checkpoints visibility are linked to effect intensity (in the accessibility panel). the lower the setting is, the more transparent it gets. I set it to 30 and I do not have to much issue seeing checkpoints aside one or two that are in a ray of sunlight in Orb Vallis.

• Like 1

On 2023-10-10 at 11:49 AM, SuperFuret said:

I think a screenshot would be nice to see there isn't a bug at work here but yeah I agree some areas are burnt as hell since the graphics update to the point it's tiring for the eyes (looking at you Fass cambion drift)... and yeah on circuit it's very hard to see Octavia's 3rd ability on the ground as an exemple.

Checkpoints visibility are linked to effect intensity (in the accessibility panel). the lower the setting is, the more transparent it gets. I set it to 30 and I do not have to much issue seeing checkpoints aside one or two that are in a ray of sunlight in Orb Vallis.

That did it, thanks.

Must have followed some guide to minimize nauseating visual effects at some point and then the update made everything harder to see, unless this setting is set to 10 as default.

Would have never thought of looking for it in the Accessibility menu...

Example of before and after for anyone interested, this is a pretty well lit area for Duviri, in the more foggy areas these are invisible, with 30% it works just fine.
transparency.jpg