Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disruption QOL ideas

Ivi104

Since Update 34 brought a bunch of QOL and Accessibility changes to all sorts of things (very much appreciated, thank you DE 😍), I'd like to start a thread wherein we can collect QOL ideas about a popular game mode that could, in my humble opinion, use some love - Disruption.

My grievances are as follows:

• If playing invisible frames (Ash, Octavia, Loki, ...) its difficult to tell which key you're carrying without dropping it and picking it up again
  • Operation Hostile Mergers had a very useful feature that was removed since - Demolisher HP was visible next to the conduit UI. Please bring it back
  • It's sometimes difficult to hear beeping over the ambient noise (foley sounds, weapons fire, enemy barks, Eximus abilities, ...). I would suggest adding a separate Volume slider for Demolishers' beeping.
  • Please consider adding some accessibility improvements for players with impaired directional hearing or other hearing problems..

Bugs:

• Magus Lockdown sometimes not working on enemies when cast by Client (mostly on Juggernauts or Lua units). Their animations stop, but they keep sliding on the floor towards the Conduit.
  • At round start, if no key is yet present, the UI indicates as if the topmost key is picked up, which can be confusing.

What does the community think of these changes? How else would you like to see this game mode improved? Thank you for your time!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ivi104 said:

If playing invisible frames (Ash, Octavia, Loki, ...) its difficult to tell which key you're carrying without dropping it and picking it up again

Whenever you pick a Key the corresponding Conduit is highlighted on the map (you play with map overlay up, right?)

1 hour ago, Ivi104 said:

Please consider adding some accessibility improvements for players with impaired directional hearing or other hearing problems..

It is added. It is called enemy radar.

PS: Did you know you can carry two keys at the same time? (Grab one onto your frame and grab one into Operator/Drifter)

Edited by Zakkhar

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

Whenever you pick a Key the corresponding Conduit is highlighted on the map (you play with map overlay up, right?)

I have map overlay, but I can never tell if the indicators are for me or teammates or something else. I'm just asking for more clarity, like if I'm holding a key make the corresponding "key required" text blue or something. I can usually manage, but there were a few instances where the marker led me to a conduit whose key was held by a teammate. I can check what key I'm visually holding except if I'm invisible. Then I need to stop, drop the key to see the colour, pick it back up, and find the conduit.

1 hour ago, Zakkhar said:

It is added. It is called enemy radar.

I saw a few youtubers suggest stacking enemy radar. I tried it, but most of the time it didn't really help. I'm watching tiny red dots that are all moving towards me in order to find a dot that is bee-lining towards the conduit I'm standing next to. By the time I figure it out from the minimap, the unit has a red marker and is about to go boom.
I'm not entirely comfortable sacrificing useful mod slots that will make me stronger in a difficult mission for something that may or may not prove useful to me. I'm asking for something more consistent and more obvious.

18 minutes ago, Ivi104 said:

I'm watching tiny red dots that are all moving towards me in order to find a dot that is bee-lining towards the conduit I'm standing next to. By the time I figure it out from the minimap, the unit has a red marker and is about to go boom.

It has different red dot (bigger) it also pulses (like sonar). Often you can predict the direction it will come from and intercept it earlier. 

2 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

It has different red dot (bigger) it also pulses (like sonar).

I couldn't believe I missed something like that, so I just ran a Disruption mission with stacked Enemy Radar.

I'm sorry to contradict you, but the icon is exactly the same as all the other enemy units. Only once the Demo gets close to you and you get the red marker on screen, the icon on the minimap also changes to the red marker.

2 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

Often you can predict the direction it will come from and intercept it earlier. 

That's the problem, I can't do that reliably. If I go too far off in one direction, it might sneak up from the other side. I can try and memorize the most common routes on a given tileset, but those can also change depending on where the unit spawns.

Try and play Disruption without audio, or with mono audio. It's not easy. No other mission relies on sound to this extent.

13 hours ago, Ivi104 said:

Try and play Disruption without audio, or with mono audio. It's not easy.

I often play with very loud outside music. No trouble at all. But it may be due to fact I can reliably 1shot the Demos on the content I am doing (up 20 rounds normal Lua) (if I do not miss that is).

13 hours ago, Ivi104 said:

No other mission relies on sound to this extent.

Cache finding (Sabotage/Hive) and the new Exterminate (Abyssal Zone)* kinda does. They are often below or above you so the radar doesnt pick them.

This was one of the reasons I disabled in game music (the other was that I like to play with my own soundtrack).

*) already plenty of topics from people, who for some reason, have trouble finding Defixios in these.

Edited by Zakkhar

12 hours ago, TotalEnigma85 said:

and always highlight empty conduits

What do you think that is? Are modern gamers really that spoiled with all the "detective sense", waypoints and markers? Do you need the same information shown everywhere?

Ze5kMqG.jpg

12 hours ago, TotalEnigma85 said:

and dropped keys on your hud from any range

It is already there. It is called map overlay (tap M). The dropped keys are visible even on the uncovered part of the map (eg. someone extracted early and dropped the key in the exctraction zone).

Edited by Zakkhar

12 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

What do you think that is? Are modern gamers really that spoiled with all the "detective sense", waypoints and markers? Do you need the same information shown everywhere?

Ze5kMqG.jpg

It is already there. It is called map overlay (tap M). The dropped keys are visible even on the uncovered part of the map (eg. someone extracted early and dropped the key in the exctraction zone).

Spoiler

LVdGb6h.jpeg

let me be clear on this , in picture the "visible" has the icon and others do not

and i want this icon to be on all empty conduits and all keys with full map range if possible , because this icon is better guide to objective then map

the map  overlay blocks part of what you can see so i dont use it so much and you can see on picture that 2 other conduits icons are stacked on each other i need to be in next room for them to separate , but keys are shown separate

6 minutes ago, TotalEnigma85 said:

let me be clear on this , in picture the "visible" has the icon and others do not

and i want this icon to be on all empty conduits and all keys with full map range if possible , because this icon is better guide to objective then map

You were clear already. You want one information in two separate places because you cannot handle to process of joining two information provided and two places into one.

8 minutes ago, TotalEnigma85 said:

the map  overlay blocks part of what you can see so i dont use it so much

It is only blocking, because you are not used to it, because you do not use it. It is see-through. You can even scale transparency in the settings, but to know and do that, you would have to start using it.

11 minutes ago, TotalEnigma85 said:

and you can see on picture that 2 other conduits icons are stacked on each other i need to be in next room for them to separate , but keys are shown separate

Yes, it is truncated information. It shows you the exit you need to take to get to the right conduit. It is on purpose. Do you want to see how little usable information you get from seeing stuff though walls at all time? Here is a couple of screenshots of one of the failed updates to Archwing mode from Salacia mission: https://imgur.com/a/HjML3ea

You'd rather have that over transparent map overlay?

but i dont want  to see through walls like in archwing. I want  current but improved version that shows all conduits from start on main hud with keys that appear from more then 50m away , and dont care that they are on map overlay because map sux , it should be moved more to right side to not  be placed on where my crosshair is blocking vision ( and option settings do not work for me for some reason )

but most important  color change option so i dont mess up white and teal

Using images for explanation was a nice touch.

See image below, and let's replace Protea with an invisible frame. While invisible, and without dropping the key, how can I tell if I'm holding the key for light blue or dark blue conduit?

SeYmL6U.jpg

Also, I wouldn't object to being able to see Demolishers though walls. I was recently playing Olympus, Mars, and the tile had two doors right next to each other. The Demolisher was coming through one of those, but I couldn't tell which one by sound alone. By the time I checked the first door, it snuck past me through the second door and exploded. Enemy speed boost debuff sure didn't help. This kind of thing happens more than I'd care to admit.

Edited by Ivi104
+comment