The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase riven max cap

CyrexJax

After the release of Duviri Paradox , I found new 'endgame' like activity : Rank up all good weapons in the game with forma and use riven on all of them. Now I can get higher chance of getting good weapons on SP Circuit rotations. Unfortunately I can't buy more riven slots anymore because it reached max slot capacity. I have like almost 250 weapons that considered good (Primes, kuva and tenets, incarnons, and good non variant like bubonico, special farming weapon like ripkas for farming endo or velocitus to farm profit-taker, stat sticks, etc)- and the numbers is increasing each time new weapon released- that I would like to put riven on so I can use them in circuit but I can't because max cap is 180 minus slots for veiled rivens, riven for multiple built and the ones listed in trading but haven't found buyers yet. 

I had to sell or delete some good rivens I actually wish I can use now or later or trade in the future. As a veteran of 10 years I wish I could have the privilege to forma max all those good weapons and doesn't feel like my progression had been stopped.

• Like 3

are... are you aware that riven disposition is based on weapon popularity and rivens are meant to give a boost to unpopular weapons to make them viable in higher tiers of play? 

there's very little point in getting rivens for meta weapons because they're a very minor stat bump. 

35 minutes ago, SDGDen said:

there's very little point in getting rivens for meta weapons because they're a very minor stat bump. 

That's not entirely true. While the stat bump is small, that doesn't make it pointless (little point).

I have rivens for like, my Kuva Bamma to give me a boost in stats, or Tenet Arca Plasmor to give me both a damage boost and Fire rate, which is extremely helpful given its naturally low fire rate, as then I can remove 2 mods in place of the riven and get higher values overall cause of the new mod slot spare. Ideally I'd want Fire rate and Reload Speed on my Arca Plasmor Riven tbh.

My Rubico runs a riven with CC/MS/Dmg/-SD which allows me, combined with shock trooper, to oneshot any eidolons limbs without ever building up a combo on it, or zooming in for that matter. I see to many people saying not to use a Riven on a Rubico for eido hunting, and yet, a Riven will go a long way to improving your times, requiring 1 less shot and less investment to break a limb.

Then there's things like the Felarx and Laetum who, despite having a low Riven dispo, ADORE having a riven for lowering CC.

All Rivens have uses. Meta weapons just might want to have stats other than CC/CD/Dmg/MS sometimes

Edited by Stormandreas

I don't mind the restricted nature of Riven slots. I personally am at ~75 Riven Mods (haven't exactly counted), and I just can't use all my Rivens frequently. I understand the desire to 100% max everything, and I am totally in the same boat in terms of mentality. I personally don't think it matters though that you can't install a Riven Mod on every possible weapon though. Just get Rivens for what you enjoy using and cycle your inventory depending on your flavor of gameplay. Most Rivens just collect dust once you own enough. It's pretty hard to make sure no Riven is left behind.

Le 20/10/2023 à 14:50, SDGDen a dit :

To quote Luke Skywalker : "Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong."

Banter aside, I'd consider the Phenmor to be a meta weapon, but by sheer luck, I managed to roll myself  a +slash + reload speed + multishot -critical chance riven mod. I assure you that this is a level of optimization I can only dream of having on every other weapon. Low as the dispo may be, it's sufficient to push the weapon under 0% crit, which means a clean 50% of my bullets get the extra damage from the final incarnon evolution, mattering even more when you know that it's a bullet hose in incarnon form.

I've personally reached the cap on rivens quite recently, in the same endeavor as this thread's author actually, because the circuit, of all things, actually drove me to rebuild every possible weapon type in its highest tier variant. Knowing that I can't push some to their limits feels kinda sad.