Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shortened Quest up to New War as an Alternative to Pay to Skip

BroDutt

I understand the reason for Pay to Skip, but DE could streamline and reduce requirement on some quest after Vor's Price (the basic training and requirement for Pay to Skip) up to New War for New Player.

My suggestion :

1. Separate Main quest (From Awakening to New War) and Secondary quest (Saya's Sigil, Howl of the Kubrow, Limbo Theorem, etc).

2. Remove prequisite Unlocking Node and Relay to get the quest. Relay can still exist as an requirement to unlock Arbitration. Finishing Relay still gave reward (material, blueprint, etc).

3. Once Awake : remove Spy mission (we already learn this on Outreach part of Vor's Price) and merge Infestation Outbreak with Cascade Bomb mission

4. The Archwing : remove sabotage (already exist in Vor's Price) and Excavation (player can learn this on Howl of the Kubrow later) and straight to Archwing Mission.

5. Stolen Dream : merge the Arcane Codex mission and Arcane Machine into one mission

6. The New Strange : just merge the Chroma scanning into one mission 

7. Natah : remove scanning the Oculyst and straight to the last drone

8. The Second Dream : remove mission before Follow the Stalker and merge Protect the Moon with Save the Reservoir

9. Rising Tide : remove the collecting Railjack Part mission, reduce material requirement and straight to Railjack Key Mission

10. War within : remove mission before Pursue Teshin into the Asteroid Field

11. Chains of Harrow : remove Capture Rell's Manifestation (seriously 3x scanning mission?). The Rell's emotion cutscene can be put on the previous mission.

12. Apostasy Prologue : it's already a short mission with cutscene, no changes

13. The Sacrifice : merge Search, Pursue and Confront Umbra into one Mission. Ballas cutscene can be merge into one cutscene before the mission (just one Komi chess game please)

14. Prelude to War : already a short mission, no changes

15. Necramech requirement : Reduce material

16. NEW WAR, finally

Notes :

It might be wise to reduce the nodes on some planet (Earth, Mars, Corpus ship mission, Grineer Galleon, etc). Thus making Kuva Liches murmur hunt less tedious (the requiem can be made to unlock faster like Sisters of Pavros) and much faster to unlock Arbitration (galvanized mods for killing enemies in Zariman or Whispers in the Walls).

Edited by BroDutt
  • Like 1

all those suggestions require work, while paying to skip content just requires players handing over money to DE. hmm, I wonder which one they'll pick.. 🤔

if people want to skip, it's on them, I just think they'll be losing out on a pretty great narrative with some of the story quests.

Edited by (PSN)robotwars7
  • Like 1

I think the least they could do is take a feather out of other parts of the modern main story quests and give players a temporary Railjack and Necramech for The New War. Just give players a very basic version of both that is unmodded but has every basic function unlocked.

We got a free temporary Paracesis, which I literally didn't even use during the quest chain, so why force players to wait on a Necramech? I understand that Necramechs have been made drastically easier to obtain and build now, but the point still stands that you are basically building an entire warframe to do TNW, and quests before TNW don't actually prepare you for Isolation Vaults to get Necramech parts/matrices anyways.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

all those suggestions require work, while paying to skip content just requires players handing over money to DE. hmm, I wonder which one they'll pick.. 🤔

My suggestion is for both. Player that didn't want to pay to skip can get to New War faster, while the one who pay can replay the quest to understand the storyline but less time consuming. 

16 minutes ago, Flannoit said:

I think the least they could do is take a feather out of other parts of the modern main story quests and give players a temporary Railjack and Necramech for The New War. Just give players a very basic version of both that is unmodded but has every basic function unlocked.

Yeah it's odd to have a Necramech and Railjack requirement when it's just a vehicle to drive you from A to B. The Necramech mission is easy compare to Veso or the Archon fight.