The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operator dual focus school system

Nazuud

Just a quick suggestion, how about letting players set a second focus school? Maybe make it so that the second focus will have diminished effects. It would be cool to have like a Zenurik + Vazarin for a full support operator or maybe a Madurai + Unairu that can boost dmg and strip armor at the same time. This will just make it so fun and create more build diversity. 

Basically what I want is a dual focus school system where you get a primary focus school and a secondary focus school and be able to utilize the full abilities of both schools at the same time. In operator mode we only use 2 abilities, so that means we have space for 2 more!

Examples:

Zenurik + Vazarin = Being able to use wellspring to regen energy and at the same time being able to cast guardian Shell for a barrier.

Madurai + Unairy = being able to strip armor and use void strike for big dmg

Naramon + Zenurik = Being able to regen energy and have access to power spike for melee-oriented frames

Edited by Nazuud
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Nazuud said:

Just a quick suggestion, how about letting players set a second focus school? Maybe make it so that the second focus will have diminished effects. It would be cool to have like a Zenurik + Vazarin for a full support operator or maybe a Madurai + Unairu that can boost dmg and strip armor at the same time. This will just make it so fun and create more build diversity. 

I uhh... I hate to be the one to tell you this but... this already exists.

You can train multiple schools using multiple lenses, like one on your warframe, one on your primary, even one on your secondary...

You can train many of the more useful focus moves to be "unbound" and they'll work on any school. I have both Narumon and Madurai lenses and a few unbound moves, so I'm getting perks from both schools there.

10 minutes ago, (NSW)Nimisha said:

I uhh... I hate to be the one to tell you this but... this already exists.

You can train multiple schools using multiple lenses, like one on your warframe, one on your primary, even one on your secondary...

You can train many of the more useful focus moves to be "unbound" and they'll work on any school. I have both Narumon and Madurai lenses and a few unbound moves, so I'm getting perks from both schools there.

What I mean is getting full access to the focus school, not just the passives. Like being able to use Vazarin's Guardian Shell ability and Zenurik's Wellspring ability at the same time. On operator mode, we can only use 2 abilities, why not make it 4 by setting a second focus school?

Edited by Nazuud
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nazuud said:

What I mean is getting full access to the focus school, not just the passives. Like being able to use Vazarin's Guardian Shell ability and Zenurik's Wellspring ability at the same time. On operator mode, we can only use 2 abilities, why not make it 4 by setting a second focus school?

Ahh, well you didn't make that as clear in the original post as you did here. More detail on that would have helped. This I would support, but only because now we can train schools effectively.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Nimisha said:

Ahh, well you didn't make that as clear in the original post as you did here. More detail on that would have helped. This I would support, but only because now we can train schools effectively.

I thought I was clear enough..

But thanks for the input, I added more to my 1st post and clarified it more.

• Like 1

Back in Focus 1.0, even though players were gravitating towards Naramon for Traumatic Redirection (damage yourself to proc Arcane Avenger) and Shadow Step (staying invisible from melee crits) or Zenurik for energy regen, the schools felt closer to mission roles, especially in the context of the content at the time.

I can see the appeal of doubling up on Focus schools, but the game would be better off not leaning too hard into "One man army solo gameplay where your loadout can do it all". We get enough powercreep from the current Focus system with 1 school, let alone using 2 at the same time.

• Like 2

On 2023-11-05 at 5:01 AM, Voltage said:

Back in Focus 1.0, even though players were gravitating towards Naramon for Traumatic Redirection (damage yourself to proc Arcane Avenger) and Shadow Step (staying invisible from melee crits) or Zenurik for energy regen, the schools felt closer to mission roles, especially in the context of the content at the time.

I can see the appeal of doubling up on Focus schools, but the game would be better off not leaning too hard into "One man army solo gameplay where your loadout can do it all". We get enough powercreep from the current Focus system with 1 school, let alone using 2 at the same time.

That's true, but I mostly want this because other schools are still under utilised. Like I dont think there is alot of people using Vazarin over Zenurik. Most people actually just use Madurai or Zenurik as those 2 are the most popular.

• Like 1