The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pax Seeker arcane need some attention

Graptos

Its the kitgun arcane I like the most, but it needs some alterations to be worth using.

The distance it reaches is small, and it often hits walls and such while trying to find enemies.

In closed spaces, the bolts created often hits the ceiling, rendering them useless. If they had punchthrough only with terrain, perhaps then the projectiles would be more useful. If that is not possible, maybe implementing a better pathfinding that would not put it straight into a wall.

I don't know how hard it is to make these things, but I'd like to be able to use properly a arcane I like a lot :)

And would it be too strong to make it activate on headshots, not on headshot kills? That way, even if they travel a short distance or if they hit a wall, some of them should reach enemies.

• Like 2

hace 40 minutos, Graptos dijo:

And would it be too strong to make it activate on headshots, not on headshot kills?

Yep, it would, speaking from experience.

Bolts can instakill nearby targets to the one you've just killed if you've got a strong kitgun / other combos, and I'm talking Steel Path / Heavy units, so making them active on headshot would make it prone to be easily AFKable AoE clearing on high levels with frames like Trinity, Nidus or Xaku, and I can see that being a problem on DE's eyes.

Other than that, totally agree that they need to have terrain punch-through or better pathfinding, as they have the same issue as Zymos' special mechanic by spawning on top of enemy heads. I'd like to have a couple buffs to Kitgun theorem arcanes too so they proc more often and don't instantly decay / get bugged.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

. . . making them active on headshot would make it prone to be easily AFKable AoE clearing on high levels with frames like Trinity, Nidus or Xaku

I agree that on headshot would be way too strong unless the damage were reduced.  But what makes it AFK?  Is bot-headshot a thing, like with Scourge or something?

hace 6 minutos, Tiltskillet dijo:

But what makes it AFK?  Is bot-headshot a thing, like with Scourge or something?

Nidus, Xaku and Trinity can make enemies "immortal", but still shoot them and proc weapon effects.
With a macro and a camping position, the player could simply trap an enemy, and keep shooting it constantly, only having to come back to refresh their timers / pick a new target from time to time.

33 minutes ago, (PSN)Pablogamer585 said:

Nidus, Xaku and Trinity can make enemies "immortal", but still shoot them and proc weapon effects.
With a macro and a camping position, the player could simply trap an enemy, and keep shooting it constantly, only having to come back to refresh their timers / pick a new target from time to time.

With a headshot aimbot tool of some sort?

hace 4 minutos, Tiltskillet dijo:

With a headshot aimbot tool of some sort?

Not really, you'd just have to aim at the "target" enemy, and let the macro shoot while having equipped mods to reduce recoil.
Then come back from time to time to pick up the loot, renew target, and ammo, although kitguns outside of the Catchmoon are very efficient.

• 6 months later...

I know this is late but if your argument against it is "some people on PC will cheat" it's not really an argument against the buff. Especially considering its limited to one device and a few frames in a couple modes. 

It's further reduced by the fact that half the frames in the game can afk without needing cheats, and several abilities (breach surge for instance) do exactly that buff but even stronger. Landing a headshot to hit other enemies at low range is nothing compared to shooting a blinded guy in the foot and hitting 5 guys in another room for 6 times the damage while noone else around you can target you. 

vor 13 Stunden schrieb (PSN)blitzcrasher:

I know this is late but if your argument against it is "some people on PC will cheat" it's not really an argument against the buff. Especially considering its limited to one device and a few frames in a couple modes. 

It's further reduced by the fact that half the frames in the game can afk without needing cheats, and several abilities (breach surge for instance) do exactly that buff but even stronger. Landing a headshot to hit other enemies at low range is nothing compared to shooting a blinded guy in the foot and hitting 5 guys in another room for 6 times the damage while noone else around you can target you. 

There is already a weapon that shoots aimbot projectiles. I pimped it and can't remember the name. It should be a secondary weapon.

In any case, it's not worth it because the damage is simply too low and devs can quickly figure out that it's an AFK macro.

And there are more than enough builds that get much more than 600-900 kills per 5 minutes in SP surv solo. You're swimming in loot. Even loot warframes like my necro get more than 600 kills per 5 minutes in SP void ani solo.

So personally, I don't see any advantages at all.