Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saryn's global Freeze and Host migration

(PSN)Thanatorphe

Hello,

So I was testing a build for my team on Saryn and found a severe performance issue : when I'm doing my cycle it does so many damage instance and interaction that it bend the PS4 to her knees, dropping to 1/3 of the normal FPS if not making the entire game crash, even alone. We've done it 5 Times to be sure it's easily reproductible.

It also cause host migration and full game Freeze, for the user of the build too. It also affect the PS5.

The builds :

Saryn mods -

https://overframe.gg/build/558558/

Cedo mods - 

https://overframe.gg/build/558563/

When does it happen : When there's a little density, endless most of the time.

The cycle : Put up your buffs (maintained 1, nourish and toxic lash), put your spores on an ennemy, only shoot your secondary with the cedo (the glaives), it will spread everything with way too many damage instances.

Observation : the ram usage get's very high, the CPU usage doubles, there's also a significant upgrade in the VRAM usage. If the ennemy density get's too high, you'll be disconnected of your own session, if you play with others, it may make them crash, migrates or Freeze.

It's actually an issue for players like myself who wants to try things, as I can't finish the build with a spread companion.

• Like 1

I've been getting Freeze and Disconnets a lot lately

was puzzled why no one else was reporting it, as its Huge

Yes I am a Saryn main

??? you mean this was exclusive to Saryn ??? that's why no one else noticed?

but yeah, I've noticed that when my Spore count goes too high, In combo with other squad members doing stuff (Wisp Shocking en mass for example), I get the Huge Freeze and Disconnect.

Il y a 4 heures, (PSN)haphazardlynamed a dit :

Yes I am a Saryn main

but yeah, I've noticed that when my Spore count goes too high, In combo with other squad members doing stuff (Wisp Shocking en mass for example), I get the Huge Freeze and Disconnect.

It also happen with a range + archon build Citrine when you cast the shards with a crystal active, the number of instant damage instance really seems to the problem. It reminds me of some idle games where the CPU usage and ram used Can get crazy when you get simultaneous procs of things 

Edited by (PSN)Thanatorphe

On 2023-11-20 at 6:24 PM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Yes I am a Saryn main

It’s any AoE frames that does this. It even happens on PS5. It’s happened to me with Vauban, Zephyr, Octavia, and Mirage as well, even when I was not playing them and just in the same mission. Game begins to slow down immensely until it completely freezes and forces me to close down the application. I know for a fact it isn’t the console itself because I can still access the playstation menus to close out fine. It’s the game

• Like 1