The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

AoE frames tank performance on PS5 resulting in freezes

(PSN)epicperon

Using any AoE damage frame in a decently enemy dense area results in the game slowing to a crawl and freezing completely on PS5. Using either Saryn or Mirage in sanctuary onslaught cause this. Additionally I have had it happen in missions with Vauban and Zephyr as well, even when I was not playing any of those frames and regardless of if I am client or host.

I know for a fact it is not my console in any capacity that is causing this as I am still able to access the playstation menus perfectly to close out of the game. I also have no issues doing anything similar in any other game.

It is the game itself where the issue lies. A fault in the optimization or something. It seems to just be caused by doing damage to large groups of enemies at the same time. 

As of now trying to play these frames as they were intended is impossible as doing so causes the game to S#&$ itself. It’s very frustrating. I can’t use an AoE damage frame to do AoE damage. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've had this exact same thing happen to me recently! But here's how mine keeps triggering
I was doing a Kuva Lich hunt with my friends because they needed help, i was the host, each time my lich would spawn in it immediately begun to tank my game performance, i use Citrine during these and i swapped to Revenant once and it still happened afterwards!
Now the weird thing is, when my friend becomes the host it seemlessly goes away! And they're on ps4 original meanwhile i'm on ps5 original
I also managed to recreate the lag by just plain ol shooting my Zarr at 20 enemies in the Simulacrum, keep in mind i was using Ogris before with the napalm mod

I do not have this issue on PS5 at all regardless of whether I have the AoE frame or someone else does.

The only performance impacting issue is related to the Duplex Bond mod, which causes the game to frame freeze whenever it's triggered.

It could be that the aforementioned AoE frames are using Duplex Bond and since the nuke ability is usually for 100 energy, when they nuke they also trigger the mod and it causes the issues you're experiencing.

Edited by (PSN)Sentiel
Autocorrect keeps replacing PS5 for PS4 for some reason so I had to fix it

19 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

I do not have this issue on PS5 at all regardless of whether I have the AoE frame or someone else does.

The only performance impacting issue is related to the Duplex Bond mod, which causes the game to frame freeze whenever it's triggered.

It could be that the aforementioned AoE frames are using Duplex Bond and since the nuke ability is usually for 100 energy, when they nuke they also trigger the mod and it causes the issues you're experiencing.

It happens regardless of if I have a companion with duplex bond or not. It’s basically every time I go into ESO or another mission where people often use AoE frames

3 hours ago, (PSN)epicperon said:

It happens regardless of if I have a companion with duplex bond or not. It’s basically every time I go into ESO or another mission where people often use AoE frames

What I meant is that if others have a pet with Duplex Bond, it will affect you as well.

I did some tests with my friend and it seems to be related to Prime Kubrow collar but it can be caused by other accessories as well.