The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Incarnon evolution "Hoplite Virtue" does not function

Hexerin

The damage increase is not being applied to the weapon.

Testing screenshots:

Spoiler

Hoplite Virtue:

4cc385e5e5c843e08dacab8d52c26ee0.jpg

Trusty Sidearm, which grants the same damage increase but actually functions:

ed261c997dcfc220e1a3cbd2e619f191.jpg

These results are 100% consistent no matter what random status procs occur, over dozens of individual instances of hits. Also, just to be absolutely sure I fully left, changed the evolution elsewhere, and returned.

It's working for me in the Sim.  Damage goes from 459 to 663 on yellow crit and Critical Parallel with the buff active, which is showing up on the buff bar.

I noticed you're testing against Corpus in the images.  The buff is triggered on personal shield break, not enemy, which should be spelled out on both this and Incarnon Gorgon.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

It's working for me in the Sim.  Damage goes from 459 to 663 on yellow crit and Critical Parallel with the buff active, which is showing up on the buff bar.

I noticed you're testing against Corpus in the images.  The buff is triggered on personal shield break, not enemy, which should be spelled out on both this and Incarnon Gorgon.

I'm not talking about the shield break buff, I'm talking about the base damage increase. As should be obvious considering I'm comparing it to the other evolution option, which doesn't give conditional damage increase yet causes the gun to deal more damage. Which I explained in the post.

Here, I even retested vs Grineer, just to really drive it home:

Spoiler

Hoplite Virtue, still not working:

dbdbce6dcf91f26dd10466205337bc7a.jpg

Trusty Sidearm, which actually works:

7ce45be63687561ed9588cb1945d3c05.jpg

Here are the two evolutions, for reference:

Spoiler

59f4dc4741cd118d37bf1f2f6257dd56.jpg

4aefd5d51d709cc0dc55d9f54cd78f44.jpg

Notice how they provide the same baseline buff to damage. Hoplite Virtue isn't functional, while Trusty Sidearm is.

This isn't a new bug, it's been around for several months at least. It's been reported multiple times too.

Edited by Hexerin

15 hours ago, Hexerin said:

I'm not talking about the shield break buff, I'm talking about the base damage increase. As should be obvious considering I'm comparing it to the other evolution option, which doesn't give conditional damage increase yet causes the gun to deal more damage. Which I explained in the post.

Oh sorry.

As penance I confirmed this isn't working in mission, after noticing that the evolution wasn't changing properly in the Sim.   (I was still getting both Trusty Sidearm buffs even after switching to Hoplite.) In mission, I was getting 266 / 531 non-Incarnon body shot damage with against Overguard with Trusty Sidearm, 239/478 with Hoplite.   Unmodded, no other pertinent Evos or buffs, other than a damage blessing that was active for both.

On 2023-11-23 at 2:43 AM, Hexerin said:

Also, just to be absolutely sure I fully left, changed the evolution elsewhere, and returned.

For me it wasn't changing over unless I went all the way back to the Orbiter.  I only tested this briefly, but that would match the behavior of past Sim equipment update bugs.  Very inconvenient, and hopefully it doesn't mean those larger problems are back.

11 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

For me it wasn't changing over unless I went all the way back to the Orbiter.  I only tested this briefly, but that would match the behavior of past Sim equipment update bugs.  Very inconvenient, and hopefully it doesn't mean those larger problems are back.

In my experience, you only have to go back to relay. Has never failed me in my testing thus far.

• 9 months later...