Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack roles/piloting options

Setuaro

I don't mind the other players can steer the railjack but sometimes it gets beyond annoying when I get out of pilot so I can use the artillary to destroy a crewship but all of a sudden my railjack starts moving about like a worm wriggling in every damn direction all at once.

I don't mind if people want to pilot but i'm not entrusting the seat to a random player who doesn't seem to know what they're doing in higher level missions, sure I can prevent the destruction of the railjack in other ways but that's just not fun if I have to make repairs every five seconds.

Allow the owner of the railjack to remove the player in the pilot seat with a prompt or make it that players can be assigned roles, a dedicated pilot for example who will be entrusted to pilot the railjack. Other players can still take over but the player that possesses this role can make the call to eject players from the pilot seat to quickly take over because sometimes it's just difficult to communicate with strangers who don't respond or worse just outright refuse to co-operate.

Perhaps give players incentive to use their respective roles, add a bonus to speed or something if you're the designated pilot, a bonus to damage as gunner when on the guns, maybe a bonus to weapon damage if you're a defender repelling invaders.

Of course this is just my opinion but it takes away the fun drastically when you do get those bad apples potentially even ruining the mission. Railjack is a team effort (even if it can be done solo just fine with some focus) but everyone's doing their tasks individually and don't often seem to communicate.

• Like 3

One of the biggest issues with public squads I've noticed is that nobody ever goes to do the away objectives. Two players each individually running an away objective while the other two man the ship is the best way to do railjack and nobody ever does this. I'm always both the away crew and ether the pilot on my own ship or artillery gunner on someone else's, which is incredibly inefficient, while everyone else screws around on turrets even after all the fighters are dead, or decided their role is to uselessly board crewships instead of manning the damn super cannon, basically contributing nothing. Often times worse than not even having them cus if they weren't there then you'd have the much more competent AI gunners.

Something needs to be done about it for sure. I pretty much universally solo railjack, with the sole exception of the sisters of parvos mission for hound parts, because the majority of the time players are a hindrance more than a help.

I got a competent squad once where everyone was perfectly and near wordlessly in-sync and it was glorious. But that was very likely a once in a lifetime occurrence. And I'm not willing to put up with the incompetence of public railjack for a chance of having it happen again.

Edited by PollexMessier
  • Like 1