The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Founders gear should not be locked to PC with Cross-save

Stormandreas

16 hours ago, Sneyek said:

But they won't be able to use it on other platform, for no apparent reason.

Oh, is that all?

The game is full of things like this, it's not arbitrary in the slightest.

There are literally separate builds of Warframe for the different consoles and PC. As many different builds as there are platforms. They don't all include the same things in them, and haven't for a long time. It saves them time on the builds when they can literally leave out cosmetics or functions that can't be used.

• Like 2

On 2023-12-05 at 6:29 AM, Stormandreas said:

Unrelated, though I have to ask... why swap platform just to use a controller? PC has been able to use a controller the entire time due to Steam.

Anyway. When you merge your account (do NOT Link your accounts, there's 0 reason they offer this, as this literally deletes the accounts. Merging is what you do), you'll have 1 account, a Warframe account. It's not a PS or PC account, it's simply a Warframe account. You'll only be able to use your Excal when playing on PC.

I can answer the first question...the pc isn't pc'g anymore and the cost of a new one is scary to the finances. I had a decent laptop for work and school but sucked for games. Pause....7 years pass. Still no gaming quality pc but I have all the consoles....cross save is for me. 

As far as not having Excali prime moving forward it is a bit of a jab....I feel like the real reasoning is....founders are a finite amount of people. The amount of people that COULD have been offended is undefined but possibly if not likely more than there are known founders. They bet safe. Stings to know Excali prime is locked until I upgrade my pc but whatevs....also the excali prime code thing is bull. One thing is for sure...code CAN be manipulated and updated. I feel like that was blatant.

On 2023-12-10 at 1:36 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Oh, is that all?

The game is full of things like this, it's not arbitrary in the slightest.

There are literally separate builds of Warframe for the different consoles and PC. As many different builds as there are platforms. They don't all include the same things in them, and haven't for a long time. It saves them time on the builds when they can literally leave out cosmetics or functions that can't be used.

Such as?
What is the game full of that is completely different/locked between platforms.
We know platform exclusive skins because that's a platform host required thing. We know tennogen because DE are not changing it. Now tell me, what other platform exclusives do we have that is all over the game?

The builds on Console and PC are not different anymore. They are now the same build, using the same updates, same engines, same systems. Same everything. Everything you can do on PC, you can do on console, and vice versa, other than some graphical options for performance reasons (and yes, they could absolutely disable this on PC very easily). This is not a good argument to platform locking gameplay items considering all of this has been resolved over a year ago.

On 2023-12-08 at 9:01 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Yes. They were. By the simple fact of being Dedicated Server format. All they had to do was create the client side access for the different platforms.

Do you have no comprehension of how this actually works? How the different platforms access both their own systems and DE's servers, and how Peer To Peer services are so very different from the Dedicated Servers that those other games function on, on top of how registering accounts as platform specific in the first place was not only mandatory, but necessary for the basic net-code of Warframe's running...

I find it genuinely weird how you can have that Grand Master tag and not have looked into how the game works at any time previously. Then again, only 18 posts on the Forums (as of my reply here) really does go to show that you don't take an interest.

You think that only posting 18 times on the forums during what... a week or two, means I have no interest in the game? Sure thing buddy. Carry on.

On 2023-12-09 at 6:02 PM, PsychicKitty said:

well then I am unclear why people do not just choose to make there PC account primary.  It will move the stuff to the PC account.  Then since that is primary you can log in with that on all the platforms.

And aside from a few story missions being solo only....you can still play with other players.

I mention this last bit because i recall someone on another post saying they stopped with PC to play warframe on playstation with their son.

I read the FAQ as well, but i am curious as to what exactly is transferd,

For example: do the warframes from the other accounts you used get transferd over too?

IE will we suddenly have multiple copies of our frames.

Also their is a riven maximum amount we can have, so what happens to all the extras?

or do they simply get deleted?

The FAQ says a lot, but does not answer some interesting questions I am curious about.

Also what if you do not want to merge, will you then need to select the account at your login screen you wish to use?

Not quite how the Primary/Secondary thing works.

From what the FAQ tells us, denoting an account as primary and secondary is purely for the purposes of Account Merging. After that, your account is simply a "Warframe account". Your Warframe account is then restricted in the ways denoted in the FAQ, thus, founders can only use their gear when logged into PC. If we logged out, then logged in via console, we're then locked out of our gear.

We will keep everything in merged accounts, so you'll get duplicate frames if you ahve them on 2 different accounts. Rivens, we don't know. How newly purchased tennogen being equipped but platform locked works, we don't know. These are things that have been asked a LOT and DE isn't answering.

I'll toss my hat into the ring as well and say this was the one thing I was hoping would be allowed with the cross save environment. It's the main reason I didn't really play on the other consoles for the last 6 years cause I didn't wish to start over. Though I guess on the (if you can call it) bright side, that's one less frame to think about using when the update goes live. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2024-02-02 at 6:13 AM, xIridescent said:

Do you think they'll ever make them available? What a joke, here i was looking forward to running around as ex prime on my ps5.

Nope, I doubt it. DE have a weirdly strong stance on discouraging founders gear usage.

An example is the incarnon weapons. Incarnon Skana Prime and Lato Prime are just... not great... The Lato Prime is like... kinda okish but you might as well use the Prisma Skana and Lato Vandal honestly.