Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Post-deferred rendering version sees decrease in performance over previous engine

sfried

I take it this has something to do with needing to remove the previous optimizations implemented in the older engine, such as what amounted to looking like Variable Rate Shading (VRS) and Dynamic Resolution Scaling (DRS), which definitely helped make the game run quicker, and allowed for effects like curpuscular rays ("God Rays") and other of the fancier shader effects.

While this newer engine version shows a noticable increase in visual quality, I do think some of the performance-saving optimizations from the past engine could help claw back performance and lead to a smoother experience.

I was also wondering if Digital Extremes had access to Nintendo Switch "loading clocks" profiles found in games like Breath of the Wild/Tears of the Kingdom, which downclocked the GPU but uses the extra headroom to clock up the CPU to boost loading times, which could definitely help with matchmaking, especially with cross-platform play enabled.

Another thing I'm hoping is DE could find time for is to evaluate implementing AMD FSR 2 upscaling, or at least the optimized version used in the Switch version of No Man's Sky. (Considering FSR 2 is part of an open standard, wouldn't Hello Games FSR2 implementation on that game not be a legal issue to use in Warframe's own engine?)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was hoping this was a bug, recently merged my accounts and thought I'd play on Switch due to being portable but attempting to run an instance of Effervo it felt like 10fps, game stuttered, input lag, rubberbanding of enemies but not players, the last time I played was pre-railjack and the game was really smooth, guessing Switch just wont work from now on?