Cross-Platform Save Rollout Information ×

PC account after the cutoff date removed from FAQ

I made a PC account after the cutoff date for being merge eligible because of a section on the website that said as long as one of the accounts was older than the cutoff date you would be able to merge them, it was the only listed exception to the cutoff date. That section was removed from the website when the cross-save part of it was updated last week.

Now I love the game but that specific line made me make a new PC account and grind some warframes I don't have on console just to be able to get them all in one account
Why was it removed and why haven't we been informed because I have played 30 hours straight on my new account just to prepare it for the merge
This is totally unacceptable at this point and I hope I could get a clarification on this

the source of my info and why I thought my work on my new account is counted and won't be demolished.

Below is the link before the Web edit in which we should have been informed about..

https://web.archive.org/web/20231208232545/https://www.warframe.com/crossprogression

WHICH ACCOUNTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A ONE-TIME ACCOUNT MERGE?

Any account created before 2 p.m. ET on November 24, 2023 is eligible for a One-Time Account Merge. You may also merge accounts created after the cutoff date, so long as the merge is performed with at least one other Warframe profile created before this date.

• Like 2

I don't think you need to worry about that since they also stated that you need a PC account to merge/link at all (which means that people are forced to create a new PC account in general in some situations)

this is also an info that makes me quite nervous though since my main is on Playstation but my very first account was a MR 6 PC account and apparently the whole process 'mains' the PC account. hopefully everything is very easily phrased with security questions and stuff so somebody doesn't accidentally overwrite their thousands upon thousands of hours console account with a baby PC account lol

2 minutes ago, (PSN)ApoX95 said:

I don't think you need to worry about that since they also stated that you need a PC account to merge/link at all (which means that people are forced to create a new PC account in general in some situations)

this is also an info that makes me quite nervous though since my main is on Playstation but my very first account was a MR 6 PC account and apparently the whole process 'mains' the PC account. hopefully everything is very easily phrased with security questions and stuff so somebody doesn't accidentally overwrite their thousands upon thousands of hours console account with a baby PC account lol

It's very obvious which account your selecting as Main, and which will be overwritten, with numerous confirmations and a security question.  It's very hard to accidentally overwrite! 

• Like 1

the section stating this exception is still there, the title is "WHICH ACCOUNTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A ONE-TIME ACCOUNT MERGE?", maybe im misunderstanding what your saying, but as long as your account is
1, was made before November 24 at 2 p.m. ET
and 2, has not gone through a PC to console migration in the past.

then you'll be able to merge so long as those criteria are met, if not, then you can only link (unify accounts, overriding data with a primary)

vor 2 Minuten schrieb CannaWhoopazz:

It's very obvious which account your selecting as Main, and which will be overwritten, with numerous confirmations and a security question.  It's very hard to accidentally overwrite! 

thank you, that is very calming to hear XD still nervous about it though since they stated this neccesity of a PC account and my main is on console though. so hopefully we can innitiate the whole thing through our main accounts in the first place as well and don't need to log in via some newbie account just because it's on PC - that is probably still the biggest question mark I have in my head rn :D

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)squadX Toga said:

the section stating this exception is still there, the title is "WHICH ACCOUNTS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR A ONE-TIME ACCOUNT MERGE?", maybe im misunderstanding what your saying, but as long as your account is
1, was made before November 24 at 2 p.m. ET
and 2, has not gone through a PC to console migration in the past.

then you'll be able to merge so long as those criteria are met, if not, then you can only link (unify accounts, overriding data with a primary)

the FAQ is changed but it doesn't state if the progress made on the PC account is going to be merged aswell,

Edited by xVoidPrime

There should be no cut off date at all its highly dumb. The fact that if you do merge an account that is from after the cut off date it just wipes the data from it defeats the entire purpose and the average player won't do it. This feature should be available for all accounts despite account age. I am hoping this will get changed once account merging is a more solidified into the game. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve had the same problem as well. Based on this reading this line in the FAQ, I recently got back into warframe on my PS5 (after the cutoff date), hoping to play some warframe before i get to merge my old PC account into my PS5 account, just to find out they changed it???!!! Like you cant just misinform players and make them spend money in the new accounts, and just suddenly remove it from the FAQ and hope that no one noticed it. That is incredibly poor from DE, I will be contacting support for this.

Same situation here. Made my PC account in early December after waiting years for the chance to merge my progress from my old Xbox account. I wasn't sure if I should just wait to link it but that information caused me to start playing on my fresh PC account thinking I could merge later and at this point, I have about the same amount of progress that I did on my older account but with more up to date frames, weapons and builds. I've spent too much time, money and effort on this new PC account to let it be overwritten but I also want to retain everything from my XBOX account. I am very unhappy that this information was slyly erased from the FAQ and I am really hoping that DE does something to address this very soon.

i just made a support ticket for this. yes you need a pc account, and yes one of your accounts needs to be made before November 24th 2023. however they did not specify which account needs to be older to merge. this is where I have a problem. the pc account was made to merge together all my accounts, my Xbox account was made 6 years ago. this should meet all the criteria to merge the accounts together on my pc account. This is not the case apparently. I'm currently waiting an a response from them to solidify and answer on why my accounts cant merge.

• Like 1