The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Merging a banned account

(XBOX)VGN Jellyfish

I assume that might depend on the reason for the ban, if it's some buggy misunderstanding from some negative plat or something that was a temporary ban or if it was actual cheating or similar things that resulted in a permanent ban - although to be completely honest when I look at some threads in the forums I feel like DE is very strict with their policies when it comes to banning.

either way, I wouldn't even risk it but if you would want to do something like that I would talk to Support first and ask them about this directly to have some clearance

Previously with account transfers to switch, DE made it possible to transfer any account even if they had a negative plat balance (an oversight since the accounts weren't technically banned, only locked from use until the plat was positive), so users exploited this as quicly as possible on the PC platform, got the cosmetics by using non allowed platinum (such as the one aquired from compromised accounts or RMT) and then did the transfer to switch, enabling their account to have a plat balance of 0 and the cosmetics regardless if they were in the negatives on PC.
This info was transmited to DE, who supposedly did something, but we don't honestly know if they did or not as i never found a single exploiter complaining anywhere. As you can imagine coming to the official forums complaining that their exploit didn't go as planned isn't something they want either.

If you can or can't merge accounts that were deemed unwelcome by support is something we can't say, only DE can.

It may be a possibility, maybe the system allows you to do that, but like before it will be an oversight and once DE picks up on the situation they will know for sure you own both of those accounts, if one is banned, it's likely the other will become aswell, even if it requires a manual check.

That's why I haven't merged the accounts yet because I don't want my other one to be banned. I made a ticket asking for clarity on it right after I made this post and they still haven't responded to me. I'm going to wait until DE gives me an answer. But it does give me the option to merge when I log onto the banned account on warframe website. I feel like if it isn't allowed the option shouldn't even be available.

• 1 month later...