The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cutoff date screwing me over

SilberLung

I created my account on PC after November 24th. When I heard about cross save coming I was really hoping I could transfer my stuff from PS4, where I played back in 2015-2016. I have some prime stuff there and quite a bit of platinum, but would really like to keep the progression that I already have on my PC account now. But I can only overwrite my PC account. This makes this feature completely useless for me and is extremely disappointing. Why is there a cutoff date at all? I want to understand it at least. If I started playing a few days earlier I would have been fine, but now I'm screwed. Thats just frustrating.

3 minutes ago, CannaWhoopazz said:

THey have a cutoff date so people can't "farm" the other platforms for beginner plat and merge them all together.  

But AFAIK the beginner plat is distinct personal plat, meaning you can't use it for gifting or trading. So they could just make it so personal plat does not get transferred, at least in those cases, right? I get that I am in a minority though.

So I now tried to link my Xbox account where I never played before, but I can't even do that without deleting my PC account. I just want to use my PC progress on Xbox. No merging or anything. Why is that not possible?

Am I just stupid or will any new player never be able to use cross save when they already made progress on PC before linking? Why?

1 hour ago, Yayz92 said:

The cut-off date was almost 30 days ago. Honestly, that's not much progression lost imo. If you put plat into it, then that sucks but just bite the bullet.

I already put 80 hours into it and bought platinum, I'm not gonna delete that and start over. It's not that important to me to be able to play on Xbox, since I also have a Steam deck. I just really don't get why I can't even overwrite my Xbox account. Makes no sense to me. Anyone who starts playing on PC now and would later want to enable cross save can't do that without deleting all his progress? That can't be right.

1 hour ago, Syrinq said:

Your inability to merge your console to a newly-made PC acc seems to be a bug, a hotfix literally JUST came out where this is supposedly fixed. Maybe you can merge it now?

It still tells me "This PC account was created after the cutoff date and is not eligible for a One-Time Account Merge." and "A primary account was selected for you because of the eligibility rules." I can only overwrite my PC account.